Lawyers Representing Injured Truck Drivers
Every day, competent and highly skilled truck drivers move products and equipment required by the nation along roadways, freeways and highways in Chicago and throughout the State of Illinois. The job opportunities for driving commercial trucks often comes at a high price, where drivers spend long days and weeks on the roadway increasing their potential of experiencing fatigue, distraction and exhaustion. The hectic lifestyle with tight deadlines often leads to an increased risk of catastrophic accidents requiring the need to hire attorneys for injured truck drivers.
Workers Compensation Clams & Third-Party Lawsuits From Accidents
The attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent truck operators suffering serious injuries as a result of an accident on the Illinois state roads. Regardless of who is responsible for causing the accident, drivers are usually entitled to receive financial compensation. Commercial truck operator employees are typically covered by workers’ compensation, even if found at fault for the accident. Some of the benefits include:
- Ongoing medical care coverage along with prescription medications until the injuries healed
- Disability benefits for the time the driver is unable to work or only working part-time as a result of injuries caused by the accident
- Vocational training if the injuries preclude the driver from returning to his or her position
When injuries from the accident are caused by the negligent actions of a third party (individuals not working for the commercial truck operator employer), the injured operator can file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible individual or company. This suit can hold the third party accountable to pay monetary compensation for any damages, pain, suffering or injury not covered under worker’s compensation.
Additionally, in the case of a truck driver who was killed in a crash or other incident, directly related to his work or not, the family of the trucker may be entitled to pursue benefits under the workers compensation act or in a separate claim against the responsible party.
The Inability of a Truck Driver to Work Following a Significant Accident
Many truck accidents cause severe catastrophic results, where the injuries are so bad that the operator is unable to work or disabled for a significant amount of time. Disabilities lasting a year or longer often require additional benefits. Commercial truck operators that have suffered serious injury might be entitled to receive SSDI (Social Security disability insurance) claim benefits.
However, the process of making a claim can be complex and often requires knowledgeable assistance from a skilled lawyer to avoid denial of the claim. A skilled attorney can ensure that the injured truck operator details any occupational illness or chronic injury to support their claim with the Social Security Administration.
Common Injuries Sustained By Truckers
Being involved in an accident while operating a semi-tractor trailer, LCV (long combination vehicle) or other commercial truck can cause the driver significant serious injuries. Some of these injuries could include:
- Back and/or neck injury (see here)
- Brain injury and/or trauma (see here)
- Spinal cord injury (see here)
- Loss of limb (see here)
- Death (see here)
Hiring an Attorney To Prosecute Claims Under Workers Compensation & Civil Lawsuits
Attorneys for injured truck drivers handle claims for victims in various on-the-job situations, when there are extenuating circumstances in the case. Many of the situations can include:
- The trucking company employer failed to properly maintain the commercial truck’s fuel system or braking system, which led to the accident
- Injuries were sustained by another individual working at a loading dock at the company, or at a loading/unloading facility. Injuries could include being struck against or by objects including pallet jacks, winch bars, lift gates, chains, binders, cartons or boxes
- An injurious fall from elevations including falling from the truck, falling into openings, making deliveries at higher elevations, stepping in the holes or when exiting the truck, causing back or knee sprains
- Being involved in a forklift accident while loading/unloading the cargo
- An improperly balanced cargo load, causing the accident
- Injury sustained on the road when involved in a collision with the negligent, reckless motorist
- A truck accident caused by a failure to properly operate the commercial truck because of a manufacturer’s defect, like an exploding tire, failing brake pads or defective part
A truck driver injury caused by an accident at work can create lifelong problems, along with emotional and financial stress. However, skilled lawyers can work aggressively to help you receive the maximum compensation you deserve, to maintain the accustomed lifestyle for you and your family.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to protect the rights of injured truck drivers in Illinois through aggressive strategies. They help clients recover adequate financial compensation in an amount enough to cover any unpaid medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering. Call us at (888) 424-5757 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a no-obligation, free evaluation of your case.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.