Were you involved in a wide-turn truck accident? Did you lose a loved one through a wrongful death caused by a commercial truck due to the truck driver’s negligence?
- Involved in a Wide Turn Truck Accident?
- Truck Drivers Must Receive Sufficient Training
- Every Truck Driver Should Participate in Voluntary Safety Programs
- Who is Liable for Your Right Turn Truck Crash?
- Compensation You Could Receive After a Right Turn Truck Accident
- Commercial Truck Training Programs
- Causes of Wide-Turn Truck Accidents That Hit a Passenger Vehicle
- Injuries Caused by a Wide Right-Turn Truck Crash
- How a Firm Specialized in Large Commercial Trucks’ Crashes Can Help After a Wide Turn Accident in Illinois
- A Trusted Truck Accident Attorney to Turn to After a Wide Right Turn Accident
- Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer to Handle Your Wide Turn Accident Compensation Case
The size and length of commercial trucks make big rigs much harder to maneuver than other vehicles. Therefore, it is common to see a big rig, tractor-trailer, or semi-truck driver clip a curb or miss the mark when making a wide turn.
Legal Representation for Your Truck Accident Case
At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, our personal injury attorneys provide legal representation to right-turn accident victims harmed by negligent truck drivers. Call an experienced truck accident lawyer at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) or use the contact form to schedule a free consultation.
All confidential or sensitive information you share with our legal team remains private through an attorney-client relationship. So let our truck accident lawyer begin working on your personal injury claim today.
The difficulty of making wide turns also requires truck drivers to consider the safety of other passenger vehicles on the road when attempting to make a wide turn.
In some cases, driver error or a poor decision results in a significant accident involving car drivers. When this occurs, the truck driver and their trucking company employer may be responsible for compensating injured victims.
Involved in a Wide Turn Truck Accident?
Were you injured in a turning truck accident? If so, you can demand that the at-fault party be responsible for your injuries.
Our truck accident attorneys work with victims of truck accidents, especially those caused by blind spots, turn signal problems, right-hand turns, and other trucker error collisions.
Before hiring truck drivers, the trucking company must ensure the driver is well-trained and maintains a commercial driver’s license in good standing.
In addition to a commercial driver’s license, state laws mandate truck drivers to obtain special endorsements for their permits after receiving proper training.
Truck Drivers Must Receive Sufficient Training
Trucking companies must ensure every truck driver is sufficiently trained to make turns to avoid wide turn truck accidents that result in serious injuries.
Drivers must prepare to make wide turns by learning to maneuver the truck precisely and avoid the blind spots that can cause turn-truck accidents. Part of this training includes learning to perform a wide turn and execute it correctly at each type of intersection found on busy roads.
Backing up and progressing during a wide turn can significantly reduce the risk of turn truck accidents. A backup camera may also allow a driver to see behind the truck during a wide right turn in a turn lane.
Respect for all other drivers and motor vehicles on busy roadways is another essential part of semi-tractor-trailer training.
American Trucking Associations and safety organizations support additional truck driver training for making wide turns in a turn lane because safe truck driving requires learning the process.
In addition, the training can help reduce the number of wide right-turn truck accidents involving other drivers.
Every Truck Driver Should Participate in Voluntary Safety Programs
Voluntary programs operate much like mandatory pilot training programs for truckers—the hope is they can save lives by helping to create safer commercial truckers and reducing the number of vehicle accidents involving a semi-truck or other large carriers.
Safety training and education for commercial truckers may vary depending on the jurisdiction and whether the driver works for a large or small operation.
Truckers must often undergo background checks before employment and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing as part of their job. A primary goal in many states is to limit or ban texting while driving.
Truck accidents are often very complicated because these vehicles have a large surface area, a few blind spots to cover, and can be challenging to maneuver.
Speed And Distance
These vehicles may also be considered more dangerous because they could weigh as much as 80,000 pounds—the equivalent of 17 average family cars. In addition, due to the sheer size of commercial trucks, it isn’t easy to properly judge their speed and distance.
Were you injured in an accident involving a turning truck? If so, secure a qualified turn truck accident attorney because they can identify the best legal options for your recovery.
A lawyer can also review related laws that may apply to the right turn truck crash and if the driver failed to keep their distance or manage their speed.
Your claim will be handled by an experienced right-turn truck attorney who fully understands how turn-truck accidents compare to typical car crashes. Your right-turn truck accident lawyer can also record all expenses related to your recovery, including doctors’ visits and other medical bills documented by receipts.
Who is Liable for Your Right Turn Truck Crash?
If a driver works for a trucking company, the business that employs them could also be considered negligent. The driver was operating within the scope of their employment when they failed to exercise a duty of care for other vehicles on the road.
For example, failing to use the turn signal would breach the duty of care. This breach caused the accident, which resulted in damages.
Therefore, it is essential to have a great right-turn accident lawyer at your side. They will be able to determine the responsible party in your accident.
Compensation You Could Receive After a Right Turn Truck Accident
Did a truck driver cause your injuries or the death of a loved one? If so, you may be able to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, medical bills (including rehabilitation costs), and pain-and-suffering damages.
An experienced truck accident attorney can help you evaluate your case and determine if you qualify for compensation for your injuries and damages.
A qualified truck accident lawyer can assist you with recovery options if a commercial truck driver causes an injury or fatality in a crash.
Commercial Truck Training Programs
Commercial truckers in some states must undergo formal training programs, while others may have less stringent requirements than are imposed on interstate truckers. For example, truck drivers on short trips within a small state or just passing through may not need to be licensed or have special training.
Commercial Driver’s License Endorsement
Indeed, some states require commercial drivers to pass a written knowledge test and obtain a special license endorsement. In addition, drivers can operate large trucks and tractor-trailers weighing up to 26,000 pounds or more, depending on the license.
Truck driving classes help truckers drive safely and avoid:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Failing to use turn signals
- Wide right-turn truck accident
- Crashes involving oncoming traffic
- Illegal wide-turn accidents
- Unpredictable defective turn signals
- The illegal swing wide 90-degree right turns
- Trucking wide turn accident
- Speeding oncoming vehicles
- Wide right turns on narrow roads
- Head-on collisions
- Making illegal two right-turn lanes
- Illegal right-lane turn accidents
- Illegally entering the turn lane too quickly
- Blind spot issues
- Running a red light
- Truck’s blind spot accident involving other vehicles
Many large commercial trucks display signage for any approaching car driver to stay back to avoid a wide right turn accident when the trucker attempts to properly manage space when crossing an oncoming lane to turn safely.
Causes of Wide-Turn Truck Accidents That Hit a Passenger Vehicle
Underestimating the amount of space needed to complete a wide right turn and failing to notice cars in the trailer’s path are the main contributing factors to wide turn accidents. The following scenarios are the most common.
- One of the most challenging scenarios for truck drivers is making a right turn from a two-lane road. Truckers swing into the opposing lane of traffic to execute this maneuver. Any time a turning truck is positioned in front of oncoming traffic, the risk of significant injury from an accident increases significantly. They must keep the turn signals on at all times.
- Left-hand turn accidents happen when a semi-truck attempts to cross traffic far to the left lane before attempting the wide right turn and striking an oncoming vehicle. Head-on collisions with trucks can be devastating and cause debilitating injuries and loss of life.
- When the trucker ignores a turn signal and stays in the far-right lane while the large vehicle attempts to turn from an exterior lane on a roadway.
- The driver miscalculates the wide right turn. Most wide-turn truck accidents are honest mistakes by the driver, but this does not excuse the driver from liability. Truck companies insure their drivers to provide compensation to victims whenever a driver is involved in a wide right-turn truck crash.
Injuries Caused by a Wide Right-Turn Truck Crash
Even at lower speeds, wide right-turn accidents occur. Typically, heavily loaded moving trucks can create extreme amounts of force and pressure during an accident.
The injuries endured by victims can be painful, life-threatening, and catastrophic. Examples of injuries that are common in wide right-turn accidents include the following:
- Deep lacerations and cuts from broken or shattered glass or sharp metal – these injuries may result in the need for amputation if they are especially severe or become infected
- Traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and neurological disorders resulting from injuries to the head or face
- Wrongful death: When the injured victim dies from their injuries by a trucker who failed to turn safely, the family may be able to receive compensation representative of the income they provided to the family as well as the emotional loss the family has endured.
Were you injured in a large truck crash? If so, you have rights and might be entitled to compensation for your injuries, wages lost due to an inability to work, pain and suffering, or the loss of a loved one.
Every injured party with severe or life-changing injuries might also be entitled to compensation for the cost of ongoing care or therapy for their catastrophic injuries sustained in a trucking accident.
Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC today to arrange a free case evaluation with one of our right-turn truck lawyers so that you may learn more about your legal rights.
Our legal team can determine liability, provide immediate legal advice, file a legal claim, contact the insurance company, and help you seek compensation against all parties responsible for the truck making illegal wide right turns.
How a Firm Specialized in Large Commercial Trucks’ Crashes Can Help After a Wide Turn Accident in Illinois
Immediately after a wide right turn crash, a trucking accident law firm can perform many things to preserve your right to recover under Illinois law. They can:
- Figure out all parties, witnesses, and vehicles involved
- Identify the truck driver and truck company responsible for the wide right turn crash
- Ascertain the exact circumstances and conditions during the incident
- Help obtain relevant medical records
- Send income verification forms to your employer
- Perform many other tasks critical to your recovery
- Hire expert witnesses to provide professional testimony at trial, if necessary.
A Trusted Truck Accident Attorney to Turn to After a Wide Right Turn Accident
Our team has access to the medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, and economists needed to make your case for you and ensure that you receive quality medical care throughout your recovery.
If we cannot win your case or negotiate a settlement on your behalf, you will not be required to pay a thing for our services due to our contingency fee agreements. We only get paid when we recover compensation on your behalf.
Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer to Handle Your Wide Turn Accident Compensation Case
Were you seriously injured by a large semi-truck and suffered severe injuries caused by a negligent truck driver? Do you want to legally hold the truck driver and trucking company responsible for your damages?
At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, our truck accident attorneys can provide immediate legal representation to hold those responsible for the accident liable.
Call our experienced attorneys at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) today, or use the contact form to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
We accept all wide right-turn accident cases and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee agreements. This promise ensures that you pay nothing until we resolve your legal matter through a jury verdict or negotiated settlement.
Our attorneys will review the evidence, conduct an in-depth investigation, and determine if other parties are involved in your commercial truck accident.