Construction accidents can be devastating, often leading to severe injuries or fatalities. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is dedicated to representing those affected by construction accidents in Chicago. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping you navigate the complexities of your case, ensuring your rights are protected every step of the way.
Accident Injuries on Construction Sites
Construction sites are inherently hazardous, and severe injuries are unfortunately common. These injuries can range from minor to life-altering, impacting the construction workers, their families, and livelihoods.
Common Construction Injuries
Construction site injuries often include spinal cord injuries, serious injuries, and sometimes fatalities. The work’s nature means construction accidents occur suddenly and have devastating consequences. The risks are numerous, from falling tools to unsafe working conditions, and the impact on an individual’s health and well-being can be profound.
Frequent Causes and Scenarios of Accidents on Construction Sites
Understanding Chicago’s construction risks is crucial for worker safety and legal action. A Chicago construction accident lawyer is essential to navigate these challenges.
Construction site accidents in Chicago can arise from many scenarios, each presenting unique dangers and legal complexities. Here are some common causes as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) :
- Unsafe working conditions
- Defective tools and equipment
- Falling equipment, tools, and materials
- Lack of proper safety equipment
- Overexertion and repetitive stress injuries
Chicago construction accident lawyers offer vital legal expertise for injured workers seeking compensation and provide free case reviews.
Construction Site Accident Statistics and Trends
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics provides detailed statistics on construction-related accidents, mainly focusing on falls, slips, and trips in construction in 2021. Here’s a summary of the key statistics and points relevant to Illinois construction accidents:
- Overall Construction Sector Fatalities: 1 in 5 workplace deaths in 2021.
- Fatal Falls, Slips, and Trips: Over one-third of construction deaths, predominantly from falls to a lower level.
- Fatal Falls in Private Construction Industries: Most fatalities in specialty trade contractors in the most dangerous occupations, rising from 229 in 2018 to 281 in 2021.
- Trends in Construction of Buildings and Heavy Engineering: Fatalities in building construction rose from 89 in 2018 to 91 in 2021, while in heavy engineering, they increased from 16 in 2018 to 20 in 2020, then fell to 10 in 2021.
- Construction Industry’s Share in Fatal Falls: 46.2% of all fatal falls in 2021.
In 2020, construction laborers saw the highest rate of fatal injuries from hazardous exposures in five years, accounting for 8.9% of all occupational fatalities in the construction sector .
Analyzing Recent Data and Safety Concerns in the Construction Industry
Studies often reveal concerning trends  in urban construction, including rising occupational injuries and fatalities, highlighting the need for improved safety measures.
Crucial points covered in such studies include:
- Rising Trends in Fatalities and Injuries: Construction worker deaths are increasing, highlighting safety measures necessity.
- Occupational Hazards: Falls, electrocutions, and equipment accidents are serious personal injury causes.
- Safety Protocol Implementation: Emphasis on strict safety protocols to lower risks.
- Impact of Safety Training: Focus on training’s role in accident and injury reduction.
- Legal and Regulatory Aspects: Discuss construction firms’ legal responsibilities and regulatory enforcement for safety.
Choosing a lawyer with specific experience in tort law is vital when facing an accident case. A skilled Chicago construction accident attorney can navigate the construction site injury complexities, ensuring the best possible outcome for the victim and their family, involving the following:
- Construction site injury claims
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Wrongful death claims
Case Study: Construction Site Fall Settlement
In a pivotal case, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC represented construction workers who fell from scaffolding due to inadequate fall protection. Our Chicago construction accident lawyers successfully proved the construction company’s negligence in maintaining safety standards.
Through meticulous evidence gathering and expert consultations, our attorneys negotiated a $400,000 settlement, ensuring the injured workers received fair compensation for their medical expenses, lost earnings, and suffering. This construction accident case underscores the firm’s dedication to securing justice for victims of workplace negligence.
Settlements We’ve Won for Construction-Related Accident Victims
Below are some examples of matters our law firm has successfully resolved for workers injured while working on various projects.
Contact us to discuss your situation and how a Chicago construction accident attorney in our office may help determine the case’s worth.
$2,150,000: Construction fall involving a 20-foot fall from scaffolding without fall protection equipment, as the general contractor requires. The insurance company paid the disability benefits.
$1,899,000: Recovery for a union carpenter who fell from an improperly positioned ladder on a downtown Chicago, Illinois, condominium development project. This full compensation settlement is in addition to workers’ compensation benefits.
$800,000: Construction-related accidents where the injured parties filed a third-party lawsuit against the general contractor and several subcontractors due to safety regulations, defective equipment, and procedures violations.
$5,000,000: Settlement for a carpenter who suffered injuries to his hand and thumb when the blade guard was removed from a table saw. The claimant pursued a product liability claim against the saw and maintenance company manufacturer. The insurance company paid the settlement for the managers.
How a Chicago Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC stands as a beacon of hope for those affected by a construction site accident. Our team of Chicago personal injury attorneys is well-versed in the nuances of construction injury cases.
We are committed to helping you navigate the legal process, from filing a personal injury claim to seeking compensation for lost wages and medical bills. Contact us at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a free consultation with Chicago construction accident attorneys.