Illinois Wrongful Death FAQ's
Tragedy can strike out of nowhere. In the midst of a tranquil day or night, the unexpected can occur and can change your life forever. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC works with families who have lost loved ones from childbirth, automobile crashes, product malfunctions, and many other kinds of disasters. We know that during these times the thing you need more than anything else is information.
The critical point to realize after one of your family or loved ones passes away in an accident or incident caused by an individual or company is that Illinois offers you relief and compensation. The Illinois legislature enacted the Wrongful Death Act (740 ILCS 180) just for this situation. It provides damages to surviving spouses and next of kin for the toll that the decedent's absence places on them. In order to succeed on this cause of action, you must demonstrate that the offender caused your loved one's death and that you suffered injury because of it. If you can prove this, then you can recover for the loss of support, services, and companionship that the death caused you as well as any expenses (such as burial) that arose following his or her passing. The following articles review fundamental issues in Illinois wrongful death litigation. Contact us if you have any other questions. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has a history of defending families in court and would be happy to speak with you.
Still Wondering If You Have An Illinois Wrongful Death Case?
Understanding Illinois laws is no simple feat. Proving them in a court of law can be even harder especially with such complicated matters as wrongful death situations. They typically involve complicated fact patterns, well-financed defendants, and high stakes. Why leave it to chance? Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is proud to have represented families and spouses following the passing of someone near and dear to them. We can do it for you! Plus, we can work with you on a contingency-fee basis so that you are spared from having to pay for any expense until the end of the dispute. Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today and begin the process of recovery.
For information on specific types of wrongful death cases, visit the pages below:
- Are Proceeds From a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Taxable Under Illinois Law?
- How Much Will it Cost me to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- What is the Best way to Choose an Illinois Wrongful Death Attorney?
- What is the Legal Definition of 'Wrongful Death' Under Illinois Law?
- What Types of Financial Damages can You Sue for in an Illinois Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- What Does it Cost to Talk With an Attorney to Find Out if I Have a Wrongful Death Case?
- Who Can File an Illinois Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- How Long do I Have to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Illinois?
- Determine How Much Your Wrongful Death Damages Are Worth: Five Factors