Do you believe that your loved one was the victim of neglect or abuse in a nursing facility, private care home, or hospital? Illinois state law provides the opportunity to pursue civil legal action against any party who is responsible for causing damages. The abuse and negligence attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can assist you in obtaining the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
Abuse and neglect can happen at even the best nursing homes in Chicago, including facilities in the Wrigleyville neighborhood area. Statistics maintained by the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) reveal that up to 10% of all nursing home residents are victims of some form of physical, mental, psychological, or emotional abuse. These forms of abuse harm the most vulnerable members of our society.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Our law offices have successfully resolved many neglect and abuse cases occurring in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, adult day care centers, hospitals and medical centers. Our cases have been focused on:
- Physical Abuse – There are often significant warning signs that a loved one is physically abused including any sign of confinement or restraint where the wrists show signs of rote marks or leather restraints. Other warning signs include unexplained bruising, fractures, sprains, lacerations, and cuts. Another form of physical abuse involves a loved one who is under medicated or over-medicated by the staff.
- Emotional Abuse – There may be obvious warning signs that a loved one is abused when there is a noticeable change in their behavior personality or when they appear withdrawn, nervous, depressed, or frequently arguing with caregivers.
- Neglect – Some obvious warning signs of neglect by the nursing staff and doctors include an unexplained drastic loss of weight, dehydration, malnutrition or the presence of pressure wounds (bedsores). Other indicators might involve the staff’s refusal to allow family members, friends time to visit the resident or be alone in the room without a member of the medical team.
- Sexual Assault – The highest incident rates of sexual assault occur in nursing homes and assisted living centers. Some of the most obvious warning signs of sexual abuse involve an unexplained venereal disease and genital infection, anal or vaginal bleeding, and bloody or torn undergarments.
- Financial Abuse – If the nursing facility is abusing their residents financially, there are often warning signs that appear as a sudden, surprising large withdrawal from the resident’s bank account. Other signs include unexpected changes in financial documents, like a change in the resident’s will, changes in banking habits, or a failure to explain why the personal possessions of the resident have disappeared.
If your loved one has shown any sign of neglect, abuse or financial exploitation while residing in a nursing facility, assisted living home, rehabilitation center, hospital or medical center, our team of abuse injury attorneys can take immediate action to hold the abusers legally and financially responsible. Our lawyers can work on your behalf to file a complaint and begin gathering evidence of the unacceptable and inappropriate behavior of those who caused your loved one harm.
Proving Your Case in Court
If your loved one is the victim of neglect, abuse or mistreatment, you likely want to file a compensation claim to hold the doctors, nurses, staff, and facility at fault for the victim’s injuries. Obtaining compensation does not necessarily mean you need to present evidence in front of a judge and jury. However, if you take your case to court, you are legally obligated to prove that the defendant neglected or abused the victim as confirmed by the three specific criteria listed below. An attorney on your side can establish:
- The nursing home owed your loved one a duty of care;
- The actions of the facility or staff breached that duty because they failed to provide appropriate care when needed; and
- There is a direct correlation between the breach of care and the injuries your loved one endured.
Our attorneys can calculate the amount of compensation your loved one deserves for their pain, injuries, and damages. We will build your case to ensure your family recovers their medical expenses, life care costs, pain, suffering and emotional trauma.
About Chicago’s Wrigleyville Neighborhood
Chicago’s north side is home to the world-renowned Wrigley Field baseball park and surrounding neighborhood nicknamed Wrigleyville. The community is also referred to as Lakeview West. The area filled with low rise houses and buildings is bordered by Racine Avenue, Halsted Street, Grace Street and Cornelia Avenue. In the last two decade, many residents have received special permission with the Chicago Cubs organization to sell bleacher seats on their high-rise rooftop so fans can watch concerts and baseball games across the street at Wrigley Field.
The neighborhood is known for its restaurants and bars along N. Clark St. including Murphy’s Bleachers, Sliders, Rockwood Place, Casey Moran’s, The Cubby Bear and Sports Corner.
Wrigleyville Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 44 Alderman Thomas M. Tunney
3223 North Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 43 Alderman Michele Smith
2523 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 46 Alderman James Cappleman
4544 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640
Ward 47 Alderman Ameya Pawar
4243 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Lakeview Citizens Council
3712 N. Broadway #468
Chicago, IL 60613
LGBT Chamber of Commerce
3179 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657
Illinois Chamber of Commerce
300 S. Wacker Drive
Lakeview Chamber of Commerce
1409 W. Addison Ave.
Chicago, IL 60613
Why Hire Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC?
The nursing home abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of experience resolving nursing home abuse and neglect cases throughout the Chicago area including in the Wrigleyville neighborhood. Our law firm has represented many clients who suffered a catastrophic injury, permanent disability, and wrongful death that was caused by mistreatment occurring at nursing facilities, assisted living homes and rehabilitation centers.
If your loved one is the victim of nursing home neglect or elder abuse, our attorneys encourage you to call us today at (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online form now to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation. We accept all personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement allows us to begin the process of building your case for compensation without the need for an upfront fee. We are paid for our legal services only after we have successfully resolved your case in front of a judge and jury or negotiated an out of court settlement.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm