Lawyers for People Hit By Forklifts
Warehouses are dangerous settings, especially when customers are brought into the equation, and companies that are modeled around allowing customers to roam around their warehouses need to take extra measures to avert catastrophic accidents. The Chicago forklift accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC do not only represent injured workers, but all people who have suffered bodily harm due to the reckless policies or actions of businesses and their employees. Everyone has the right to a safe environment, whether they are a worker or consumer and we will fight aggressively on your behalf to ensure you recover all of the compensation you are entitled to.
Warehousing as a Business Model
As more businesses lure companies through the wholesale and warehousing business models, customers are brought into warehouse settings to browse product amid the workers who are restocking inventory by the pallet. Examples of this type of setup include Lowes, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Costco Wholesale and Target. In most cases, customers are completely oblivious to the fact that forklift operators are responsible for resupplying aisles and may not be on the lookout for forklifts flying around corners or through intersections.
Our Illinois forklift injury lawyers recognize that accidents happen, but the majority of the injuries we’ve seen are the result of incidents that could have been prevented with better training and adherence to OSHA regulations regarding safety protocol. Following are some of the ways that drivers can prevent or minimize the severity of these types of accidents.
- Drivers should always carry loads low to the ground to reduce the risk of rollover. When doing so obstructs their vision, they should carry the loads in reverse in order to maximize their line of sight.
- When customers are present, it is important to ensure that they are completely clear of the space a forklift is operating in when lowering a load. If the contents of the pallet being lowered shift and fall or the customer walks beneath the pallet, it can result in serious injuries.
- Drivers should sound their horns whenever nearing corners and intersections. This is standard in every warehouse setting but even more important when customers are present. Workers are normally aware of the presence of forklifts while customers are not and sounding the horn will get their attention.
- Whether carrying a load or traveling on empty forks, the forks should always be lowered as close to the ground as possible. This is to lower the forklift’s center of gravity and avoid impalement of workers and customers in the event of an accident.
- Equipment should be inspected daily to ensure it is in proper working order and forklifts with mechanical issues or leaks should be taken out of service until they are properly repaired.
You Have the Right to a Safe Customer Experience
It is the right of every customer and worker to be able to go to a store or workplace without the need to worry about whether he or she is going to be involved in a catastrophic accident. In the event you are injured due to the negligent or reckless behavior of a forklift operator, you are entitled to recover compensation to cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and any other incidental expenses connected to your accident. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is the leading personal injury law firm in Illinois and has successfully represented the interests of thousands of people just like you who have been injured at no fault of their own.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our award winning Chicago forklift accident attorneys. We will collect the information needed to begin building your case and review all of your legal options with you so that you know exactly what you can expect throughout the process of litigation if you choose to pursue a lawsuit. In order to make our services available to everyone regardless of financial standing, our lawyers work solely on a contingency basis, so if we are unable to secure damages on your behalf, our services will be free of charge.