Located just 60 miles north of the downtown Chicago Metropolitan area, the village of Winnetka in Cook County is populated with over 12,000 residents on a landmass less than four square miles. This heavily populated area continues to be one of the wealthiest and most exclusive suburbs in the United States.
Families in the community enjoy both public and private schools that include the Winnetka public school system, Sacred Heart Catholic School, Faith, Hope & Charity School, North Shore Country Day School, and the Hadley School for the Blind.
In recent years, there has been a notable rise of personal injury cases in the community, often involving:
- Vehicle accidents
- Childbirth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
- Assisted living neglect and abuse
- Defective prescription medications
Many individuals have suffered significant side effects and serious reactions taking prescription medications that eventually led to severe injuries and death. Many times, doctors prescribe defective or dangerous prescription medications to unsuspecting patients. As a result, the victims suffering serious injuries hire Winnetka personal injury attorneys to file a lawsuit for financial compensation.
These defective prescription medications have harmed thousands of patients for years before being recalled. In the event of a death caused by prescription drugs, family members will hire skilled Winnetka personal injury lawyers that specialize in handling lawsuits against pharmaceutical manufacturers and other responsible parties.Bad Prescription Drugs
Often times, patients will take defective prescription drugs for many years before the recall from the manufacturer is publicized. In many incidences, stopping the medication is too late, when the patient has already suffered serious health complications or experienced adverse side effects. Fortunately, there are reputable personal injury attorneys that specialize in handling cases involving recalled or defective medication.Receiving Adequate Compensation
An experienced Winnetka personal injury attorney can handle every aspect of a defective product case to obtain adequate compensation for the victim. The amount recovered is often substantial enough to cover physical and financial losses acquired by taking the bad prescription drug. These losses can include:
- All costs involved in past medical procedures and treatments
- Any present medical expenses treating health complications or adverse side effects directly related to the medication
- Any future medical expense for procedures to treat problems caused by the medication that the victim may require for the remainder of their life
- All lost wages (past, present and future)
- Financial damages for pain, suffering and anguish
- Punitive damages ordered by the jury, when appropriate
Filing a claim or lawsuit against a bad prescription medication manufacturer can be complex. Challenging medical malpractice litigation laws in the state of Illinois can be costly and time-consuming. Even a minimal case can take four years or longer to complete arbitration, mediation, a lawsuit trial, or settlement out of court. Even so, it is essential to hire experienced Winnetka personal injury attorneys early on, before the statute of limitations expires.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers handling the case can navigate medical malpractice claims through the Illinois litigation process to a successful award or settlement. The actions of the attorney allow the injured victim time to heal, instead of being fully consumed by the lawsuit and the confusing legal process.
Any individual that has suffered injuries that are directly related to taking defective or recalled drugs needs to hire skilled personal injury attorneys. The lawyers can file a lawsuit or claim against the drug manufacturer on behalf of the client. In addition, they will seek out all responsible parties including the manufacturer, the medication supplier, and possibly the doctor writing the prescription.
Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that the lawyer is paid out of the proceeds of the award or settlement, with no upfront costs paid by the victim.
For information on cities in and around Winnetka, please look at the pages below:
- Deerfield Personal Injury Lawyers
- Des Plaines Personal Injury Lawyers
- Evanston Personal Injury Lawyers
- Glenview Personal Injury Lawyers
- Highland Park Personal Injury Lawyers
- Morton Grove Personal Injury Lawyers
- Mount Prospect Personal Injury Lawyers
- Niles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Northbrook Personal Injury Lawyers
- Park Ridge Personal Injury Lawyers
- Prospect Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
- Skokie Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wheeling Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wilmette Personal Injury Lawyers