Determining Liability Following a Window Washing Injury
The owners, lessees and management of buildings are tasked with ensuring that all of the staff tasked with performing maintenance duties such as window cleaning are provided safety equipment that is functional and in accordance with local statutes. Workers are required to report the failure of these parties to provide them the equipment needed to perform their duties safely or if they are required to break code in order to complete a task. If proper equipment is not provided— or offered should the workers choose to use their own gear— then liability falls on the building owner, lessee or management team for any injury or death that occurs on the job.
If the equipment itself failed to perform its purpose, it is important to determine whether the failure was the result of failure to perform a regular inspection of safety gear in order to make sure it is in satisfactory condition or a product defect. Determining the cause of the failure is the most important step preceding a lawsuit because it allows you to seek compensation from the parties that are most responsible and liable for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Forms of Compensation an Injured Window Washer May Be Entitled To
Should a window washing accident occur and result in severe injuries, workers are entitled to workers’ compensation regardless of fault. If negligence was a factor in the accident, the victim may be entitled to additional compensation in the form of damages to cover the following.
- The cost of medical treatment for injuries and for any ongoing treatment or therapy that is required to make the victim whole again.
- Wages lost due to extended time off of work and the inability to perform work duties.
- Pain and suffering, including emotional trauma inflicted as a result of severe life altering injuries.
- Income lost due to the inability of the victim to work due to a permanent disability or medical condition as a result of his or her injuries.
- Compensation for wrongful death in the event the worker dies of his or her injuries. The family is entitled to receive compensation that includes the cost of burial and memorial as well as for income that the victim brought home to provide for the family.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a window washing accident, the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC would like to express our sincerest regret for what you are enduring at this time. It is important, however, to seek legal counsel quickly following any accident so that you are aware of your rights and able to build your case within the statute of limitations provided. As time passes, accident victims may also lose the recollection of important details that could greatly increase their chances of winning their cases.
Contact us today to schedule a risk free consultation with an attorney. We never accept payment upfront for our services and will make sure to perform a thorough investigation into your case before making any promises or advising you regarding your legal options. During your free consultation, we will be happy to gather all of the details of your case and to answer any questions that you have about the process of litigation and what you can expect while working with us. We only require payment for our services when we have been able to successfully secure compensation on your behalf and if we are unable to do just that; our services, time and advice will be free of charge.