As a Chicago suburb, the village of Wheeling, Illinois is located primarily in Cook County, with a small portion in Lake County. Over 38,000 residents populate the nearly nine square miles of landmass in the community. The area experiences extreme climate change with cold and snowy winters, and hot, humid summers.
Many families have moved to Wheeling because of its easy transportation into downtown Chicago using the North-Central Service station of the Metra, providing commuter rail service every business day between Chicago Union Station and Antioch. In addition, the Chicago Executive Airport is located in the community.
As a suburb of Chicago, the village has a bustling environment that has experienced an increased rate of personal injury cases. Many residents are victims of injury caused by the negligent actions of others in a variety of ways that include:
- Vehicle accident
- Childbirth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Assisted-living abuse and neglect
- On the job accident
- Construction injuries
- and others
Hiring Wheeling Personal Injury Lawyers
Wheeling personal injury lawyers handle a variety of medical malpractice cases filed in Lake County. Many of these cases involve injuries that were caused by failure to provide proper and adequate care to a patient. Often times, negligence happens through a minor or catastrophic failure by actions in a hospital, nursing home, medical facility, and even a doctor’s office.
Hiring the skills of a competent personal injury attorney is the easiest way to ensure receiving financial recompense for the negligence caused by another. The amount of compensation received comes from the insurance carrier through a medical malpractice policy held by the hospital, nurse, doctor, nursing home staff, or other health care professional.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
It is important that every patient or resident of a nursing home receive adequate care. In fact, medical malpractice laws are based on neglect. This is because every patient has a likely expectation to receive the best quality care and not be injured by medical staff through reckless action.
For decades, Wheeling personal injury lawyers have been able to obtain apposite compensation for their clients through a medical malpractice claim. Many of these cases involve:
- Birth defect
- Assisted living or nursing home injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis
- Wrongful death
- Prescription drug error
- Not prescribing prescription drugs
- Surgical mistake
- Improper or inadequate procedure and/or treatment
- Inadequate workforce, including medical staff and support team
- Miscommunication between the medical staff and patient
- Missing informed consent
- Not providing a secured environment for the resident/patient
Medical malpractice cases can be difficult to prove, and involve extensive Illinois tort law. Fortunately, skilled Wheeling personal injury attorneys that specialize in medical malpractice cases can develop a solid claim for their client. The attorney uses tools and methods to determine the value of the claim based on a variety of factors. Many of these factors include:
- The severity of the injury
- The level of negligence
- All medical costs for treatment
- Any lost wage
- Any lost future potential earning
- Compensation for anguish, pain and suffering
In many incidences, patients or residents of a nursing home did not provide informed consent, or not give adequate information before deciding on a surgery, treatment or procedure. Under Illinois law, this inaction of the medical staff is considered reckless negligence. Because of that, the victim can file for financial recompense in an effort to recoup their loss for the pain, suffering, damages and injuries they have endured.
It is essential to hire an experienced personal injury law firm that specializes in medical malpractice cases. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can prove the negligence, carelessness, recklessness, action or inaction of the medical staff that resulted in serious injuries.
For information on cities in and around Wheeling, please look at the pages below:
- Arlington Heights Accident Attorneys
- Buffalo Grove Accident Attorneys
- Deerfield Accident Attorneys
- Des Plaines Accident Attorneys
- Glenview Accident Attorneys
- Highland Park Accident Attorneys
- Lake Forest Accident Attorneys
- Lake Zurich Accident Attorneys
- Mount Prospect Accident Attorneys
- Mundelein Accident Attorneys
- Northbrook Accident Attorneys
- Palatine Accident Attorneys
- Prospect Heights Accident Attorneys
- Rolling Meadows Accident Attorneys
- Vernon Hills Accident Attorneys