Call 9-1-1 and try and record any important information that you can.
How You Can Help After Witnessing A Bike Accident
You may be an important witness for the bicyclist so please call the police in that jurisdiction and report what you saw. You may be able to corroborate the bicyclist’s story and help them receive compensation for their injuries. If the accident appears to be serious, call 9-1-1. If possible, try to write down any license plate numbers if you see them, or anything else you noted while witnessing the accident. http://www.greenflag.com/help/ drivingguide_accident_help.html .
Safety Tips For Encountering A Bicycle Accident
If you encounter a bicycle accident, and they are quite common, then there are a few things that you can do to maintain your health and safety while helping out the victims. First, drive a safe distance passed the scene so that your away from any immediate danger. Also, this will ensure that you don’t block or get hit by arriving emergency vehicles. Then, call 9-1-1 to get help to the scene. After that, slowly and carefully approach the victims to see if they need help but don’t administer healthcare unless you’re a qualified medical professional. Finally, if there is any danger or precarious situations like smoke or fire, stay away until the fire department has controlled the area.
Can I Be Sued If I Try And Help Someone After An Accident?
Many people are afraid of liability if they don’t help someone in an emergency situation or if they do and they end up hurting the victim. They point to Good Samaritan laws that supposedly punish people in these situations. However, that thinking stems from a significant misunderstanding. Those Good Samaritan laws actually provide cover to people that try to help and end up hurting and rarely punish people for not offering assistance. The law is trying to encourage people to help when they witness accidents so it would be counter-productive to do that. This is important to remember if you see someone injured in a bicycle accident or any other kind of accident. You can help without fear!
Did You Witness A Bicycle Accident In Illinois?
If you did, then give us a call! Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can make sure that the victim gets the help and compensation that they deserve but it's important that you act swiftly. Victims have a limited amount of time to file a claim and the people responsible might not be around long. To help those injured in bike accident, contact our offices and speak with someone from the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Have An Expert Testify For How My Bicycle Accident Occurred?
- Can I Only Be Compensated For My Medical Bills If I File A Bicycle Accident Lawsuit In Illiniois?
- Can I Still Recover Compensation For My Injuries If I Was Injured In A Hit-And-Run Bicycle Accident?
- Can More Than One Driver Be Liable In An Illinois Bicycle Accident Claim Or Lawsuit?
- Do I Need To Discuss The Bicycle Accident Details With The Insurance Company If They Contact Me?
- Does Illinois Have Laws Specifically For Bicyclists?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After My Bicycle Accident In Illinois?
- If I Am Injured In A Chicago Bicycle Accident Due To The Fault Of A Motorist, Are They Responsible For Paying My Medical Expenses?
- Is It Possible For Me To Be Found At Fault In My Bicycle Accident And Still Recover Compensation For My Injuries?
- Is It Worthwhile To Hire An Attorney For My Bicycle Accident?
- Is The Repair Shop Responsible For My Injuries If A Faulty Repair Caused My Bicycle Accident?
- What Can I Do If My Child Was Injured Or Killed On His Or Her Bike?
- What Should I Do If I Was Injured In An Illinois Bike Accident And The Insurance Company Wants Me To Sign A Medical Authorizatio?
- What Should I Take Pictures Of If I Am In A Bicycle Injury Accident?
- Who Is Responsible If The Driver That Hit Me On My Bike Was Working At The Time?