- Seek medical attention;
- Call a lawyer;
- Obtain all your employment records; and
- Don't speak with the culpable party.
Act Quickly To Preserve Your Mesothelioma Claim!
As soon as you discover that you have been exposed to asbestos or diagnosed with mesothelioma, you need to act quickly to preserve your right to collect compensation in a court of law. Time is not on your side. There are a number of things you need to do in order to ensure you can obtain the recovery that you need to move on with your life. Here is a short list of some actions you should complete. However, if you speak with one of our attorneys, he or she can tell you exactly what to do in order to protect the compensation that you deserve:
Mesothelioma Victim Checklist
- as soon as possible after you learn that you have mesothelioma, write down all of your symptoms, pains, or injuries.
- make a detailed list of your work history.
- write how and where you think you might have been exposed to asbestos including any work environments or products
- make a list of any products you have purchased that have been known to contain asbestos as well as where you purchased them
- make careful note of any work days you missed or investment opportunities you lost because of the mesothelioma
- write down all doctors' visits, medical exams, treatments, medications and other related expenses you incurred because of the illness
- write down the names and contact information of anyone you worked while you may have been exposed to asbestos
- contact a qualified attorney and do not share any of this information with other third parties
- make note of how any children, spouses, or others are dependent upon you-financially and otherwise
- do not contact any of your past or current employers
- do not contact any manufacturers of products that you have purchased
Call Us For Help If You Have Mesothelioma!
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can instruct you on exactly what to do if you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma. In the past, we have helped clients through the entire process starting with the diagnosis and ending with the jury award. We will be there for you too because you deserve competent and dedicated representation from start to finish. Just contact our offices and let Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC stand up for you.