- The right to have visitors
- The right to complain about inferior care
- The right to not be abused in any way
- The right not to be restrained
- The right to personal privacy and respect, including medical records
- The right to have and use personal clothes and belongings
- The right to medical disclosure of all treatment and costs
- The right to personal physician care
- The right to handle personal finances
- The right to know all policies and procedures within the nursing home
The state of Illinois also guarantees you certain privileges with respect to nursing homes and medical records, which include the following: see and retain your copies; amend your record by adding information; file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the applicable state department; and sue in the Illinois Circuit Court to get compel production of your records.
Has Your Loved One Suffered from Mistreatment at a Nursing Home?
Violations of patient rights commonly involve situations where a patient has suffered an injury or even death. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is committed to holding nursing homes accountable when their negligence causes patient harm.
Our nursing home abuse attorneys represent individuals and families in claims and lawsuits against these facilities. Every case is handled by a team of experienced nursing home lawyers and support staff to ensure that the matter is fully investigated and your recovery is maximized. We work on a contingency fee basis, where we only receive a legal fee upon the successful conclusion of your case. Complete the online case intake form here and we will reach out to you shortly.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Get Medical Records From the Illinois Nursing Home Where My Mother Was Injured?
- How Long do Chicago Nursing Home Injury Lawsuits Take to Settle or go to Trial?
- How to Select The Best Nursing Home For Your Loved One?
- The Nursing Home Where My Father Was Staying Contacted Me After His Injury And Wants to Ask Me Questions Regarding His Health?
- What Agency Regulates The Nursing Homes to Ensure They Are Providing a Safe Environment?
- What Are Signs of Poor Care in a Nursing Home?
- What Is The Average Payout on an Illinois Nursing Home Injury Case?