What Must a Train do as it Nears a Crossing?
- Keep control of the train.
- Keep a proper lookout of the area.
- Keep all passengers secured in the compartment.
- Follow other local and state rules.
Responsibilities Of Trains Regarding Your Safety
As mentioned above, train companies have the obligation to provide passengers with the utmost care possible in the circumstances. Therefore, as trains approach crossings, all personnel must ensure that they are under control, a proper lookout is maintained, and other state and federal laws are followed. Of course, they must adapt to the circumstances. Thus, if there is particularly strong rain, wind, snow or other turbulent conditions, they must change their practices to keep a safe speed and the ability to cautiously proceed through a crossing.
Does The Federal Government Do Anything To Keep People Safe At Train Crossings?
Yes, the federal government does many things to try and keep people safe near train crossings. In fact, it has empowered the Federal Highway Administration, a subsidiary of the United States Department of Transportation, with just this task. In that vein, the Federal Highway Authority Administration implemented the Highway Safety Improvement Program in order to attempt to reduce the number of injuries and fatalities on the roads. Section 130 of this Program specifically addresses the issue of train and railway crossing dangers. Annually, it spends hundreds of millions of dollars on this mission. Since its inception, this program has had some success in reducing deaths and injuries caused by these hazards.
Wondering How Train Companies Must Keep You Safe?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC works with victims when they get hurt riding on or working on trails and railways. If you have been injured, you deserve to recover to the maximum extent afforded under the law. We can assist you in that process on contingency. Just call us today to find out how!
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Pursue a Claim For Personal Injuries if I Work For a Railroad or Train Company?
- Does It Matter Where The Train Accident Occurred?
- How Are Crossing Areas Supposed to Be Secured?
- How Can Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Help With My Illinois Railroad Accident Claim?
- How Long do I Have to Bring My Train Accident Lawsuit?
- What Are The Facts About Train Accidents?
- What Are The Laws Underlying Train Accident Claims?
- What Are Typical Illinois Train Accident Claims?
- What Have Past Train Accident Victims Recovered?
- What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive if I Have Been Involved in a Train Accident in Illinois?
- What Responsibilities do Pedestrians or Other Vehicles Have At Railroad Crossings?
- Who Can I Pursue For a Train Accident Claim Taking Place in Illinois?
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.