What Kind of Time Frame am I Looking at to Resolve my Illinois Truck Accident Injury Case?
To begin with, you must typically bring your Illinois truck accident lawsuit within two years of the accident and it will probably be resolved after one or two years from the date of filing.
Illinois' Rules Regarding Truck Accident Case Length
There is no easy answer to the exact length of your suit since each case is unique. In general, the more serious the accident or injury, the longer the case may take. This is often due to ongoing medical treatments and an unclear prognosis. Other factors include obtaining expert witnesses as well as depositions from eyewitnesses as well. While some Illinois truck crashes cases may settle in a matter of months, some serious injury and wrongful death trucking cases can be expected to take a year or more to resolve. However, it is important that Illinois has a general 2-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims. 735 ILCS 5/13-202. Therefore, it is very important to speak with an attorney promptly so that you do not miss your chance to collect compensation and achieve justice.
What Can I Do To Speed Up My Truck Accident Lawsuit?
“What is my truck accident claim worth?” is normally the first thing we hear from clients when we have our initial consultation. However, we try and focus on timeline over exact worth. In the end, how long the cause of action takes might even influence how you value it. Generally, a truck accident case in Illinois for negligence, wrongful death, or other claims can take anywhere from a few months to a few years. Yet, there are some things that you can do to speed up the process. Take a look at this list to speed up the time it takes for you to conclude your truck accident cause of action:
- Cease communications with the other driver and his or her representatives.
- Quickly collect all receipts and records related to the incident including property damage, medical bills, and lost income.
- Contact your employer, tell them about the accident, and ask for income verification.
- Make a list of all parties present during the accident as well as any memories or questions that you have about it.
- Speak with your attorneys often and remain available to them to talk about the case.
Want To Know More About Illinois Truck Accident Cases?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC urges truck accident victims to move swiftly to file their cases because of the statutes of limitations. However, there are many other intricacies involved in this type of litigation that you need to be aware of. We can explain all of them to you and bring your case to court on contingency so that you don't have to pay for anything. Just call our offices to get your claim started today!
For additional information see the following pages:
- Do I Need An Attorney If I Am Injured In An Illinois Accident Involving A Large Or Commercial Truck?
- How Do I Know Which Illinois Truck Accident Attorney Will Be The Best To Hire For My Case?
- How Much Do I Need To Pay Upfront To Get My Chicago Truck Accident Injury Case Started?
- What Should I Bring To My Initial Consultation With My Attorney?
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.