Almost one quarter of all train accident victims recover over $1,000,000 in court or settlement.
Illinois Recovery In Train Accident Lawsuits
Here is what plaintiffs have recovered by award range according to data compiled from Illinois jury verdict and reported settlement documents:
- RECOVERY RANGE
- PERCENTAGE OF PLAINTIFFS
Takeaways From Illinois Train Accident Litigation
From the numbers above, it is important to realize a few things about plaintiffs' recovery in Illinois train accident lawsuits. First of all, note that plaintiffs get something about 80% of the time. On top of that, see that Illinois plaintiffs in train accident cases get more than $1,000,000 almost 25% of the time. This explains why the average and median recovery for Illinois plaintiffs is so high. It also shows why their recoveries compete so well against the recoveries of plaintiffs all across the country-which they do!
How Does Trial Strategy Affect What I Obtain In Court?
Trial strategy will have an incredible impact on your recovery in an Illinois train accident case. How so? Well, it paints the overall landscape of what recovery should look like to a jury. Then, it argues for the maximum amount within that scope. Finally, it rebuts the defendant's assertions in order to keep it at that high point. This is no easy task. Counsel must use examinations and arguments within the confines of the court's rules and instructions. It takes skill and practice but a good trial strategy can positively affect your recovery in court.
Thinking About What You Could Obtain In An Illinois Truck Accident Lawsuit?
After reviewing all of this information, you might well be wondering what you could in an Illinois truck accident lawsuit. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help you arrive at an appropriate estimate for your potential case. Then, if you hire us, we can help you get it in court on contingency which means you won't pay a dime unless you're happy with the jury award. Just call us today to get the ball rolling.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Pursue a Claim For Personal Injuries if I Work For a Railroad or Train Company?
- Does It Matter Where The Train Accident Occurred?
- How Are Crossing Areas Supposed to Be Secured?
- How Can Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Help With My Illinois Railroad Accident Claim?
- How Long do I Have to Bring My Train Accident Lawsuit?
- What Are The Facts About Train Accidents?
- What Are The Laws Underlying Train Accident Claims?
- What Are Typical Illinois Train Accident Claims?
- What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive if I Have Been Involved in a Train Accident in Illinois?
- What Must a Train do As It Nears a Crossing?
- What Responsibilities do Pedestrians or Other Vehicles Have At Railroad Crossings?
- Who Can I Pursue For a Train Accident Claim Taking Place in Illinois?