Plaintiffs in Illinois uninsured motorist claims or underinsured motorists claims receive tens of thousands of dollars on average and millions of dollars in some instances.
Recovery In Uninsured And Underinsured Motorist Claims
Here is what plaintiffs with uninsured motorist claims recovered by award range (both settlement amount and jury award):
Takeaways From Uninsured And Underinsured Motorist Claims
After looking at these numbers, it is important to keep a number of things in mind. First, these are just national averages. Illinois figures actually run a little bit better against the country norms. Then, note how few people in both settings received nothing-most received something which is encouraging. Also, in both uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, about one in ten plaintiffs actually recovered more than $1,000,000. Finally, there are several things that you can do to protect and maximize your own recovery including the following:
- Quickly seek medical attention after the incident.
- Gather all records and receipts related to the accident.
- Hire a competent law firm to investigate the circumstances of the event.
- Don’t speak to the person or that person’s employer/representatives about the crash.
Wondering How Your Uninsured Motorist Claim Will Compare To These?
Well, the good news is that you don’t have to wonder how your uninsured motorist claim will compare to these because we can help you estimate what your claim will obtain. Of course, nothing is certain but use our experience to understand what a lawsuit would mean to you recovery. Then, work with the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC and begin down the path towards that relief today!
For additional information see the following pages:
- Are There Any Illinois Laws That Address Uninsured Motorist Accidents?
- Can I Just File A Claim With My Insurance Company Instead Of Going to The Other Party?
- Can I Pursue An Uninsured Motorist Claim Even If I Was Driving Someone Else?
- Can I Stack Insurance Policies On Top Of Each Other?
- Can I Still Pursue An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Claim If I Settled With The Other Driver?
- Do I Have An Uninsured Motorist Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Uninsured Motorist Claim by A Certain Time?
- Do I Have to Sue The Underinsured Motorist’s Insurance Company?
- Do I Need to Give The Insurance Company Any Information?
- How Can Rosenfeld Injury Attorneys Help Me If I Have Been Injured by An Uninsured Motorist In Illinois?
- How do I Dispute What The Insurance Company Says My Claim Is Worth?
- What Are The Facts About Uninsured Drivers?
- What Are The Minimum Auto Liability Insurance Requirements In Illinois?
- What Compensation Is Available For My Uninsured Motorist Claim?
- What Happens If The Uninsured Motorist Does Not Pay Damages Awarded by A Court?