- Economic damages.
- Non-economic damages.
- Punitive damages.
- Wrongful death damages.
Getting Recovery After An Automobile Accident
If you are injured in an accident involving an uninsured motorist, there could be several different kinds of compensation available to you. Typically, however, there are two main kinds:
1. ECONOMIC DAMAGES : Uninsured motorists are obligated to pay for all of your direct, out-of-pocket expenses that their wrongful conduct caused you. This extends to items such as your medical bills, property damage, and lost wages.
2. NON-ECONOMIC DAMAGES : Uninsured motorists are also on the hook for the pain that the accident gave you as well as other long-term suffering. Just because you cannot to these harms does not mean they are not there and does not mean you cannot recover for them.
Are There Any Other Kinds Of Recovery In Accident Cases?
This is where recovery starts in these cases. If the defendant's conduct is particularly reckless, you might also receive punitive damages. Furthermore, if the defendant's conduct actually kills someone, their relatives might obtain wrongful death and survival damages. Hopefully, this gives you a sense of the type of compensation that you could receive. However, you should also speak with a qualified attorney so he or she can explain how the facts and circumstances of your case shape the kind and amount damages possible
How Can I Calculate What My Recovery Will Be?
The baseline for your recovery after an accident with an uninsured motorist will be the receipts-the direct costs of the event like hospital bills, lost wages, and property damage. Then, you have to put a value on the way in which the crash harmed your life intangibly including all pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, and other effects. Generally, this can be worth as much as two or three times your direct costs. Finally, if you have to add in a value if the defendant's conduct was extraordinarily reckless or egregious. To understand in more detail how to calculate your recovery in a claim against an uninsured motorist, call our offices. We can help you estimate what your award will be.
Want To Know What You Can Get In Court After A Car Accident?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has had extraordinary success obtaining compensation for people injured by uninsured motorists. We can tell you what you need to do to be just as successful as them. Just contact our offices and speak with someone from the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Are There Any Illinois Laws That Address Uninsured Motorist Accidents?
- Can I Just File A Claim With My Insurance Company Instead Of Going to The Other Party?
- Can I Pursue An Uninsured Motorist Claim Even If I Was Driving Someone Else?
- Can I Stack Insurance Policies On Top Of Each Other?
- Can I Still Pursue An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Claim If I Settled With The Other Driver?
- Do I Have An Uninsured Motorist Claim?
- Do I Have to File My Uninsured Motorist Claim by A Certain Time?
- Do I Have to Sue The Underinsured Motorist's Insurance Company?
- Do I Need to Give The Insurance Company Any Information?
- How Can Rosenfeld Injury Attorneys Help Me If I Have Been Injured by An Uninsured Motorist In Illinois?
- How do I Dispute What The Insurance Company Says My Claim Is Worth?
- What Are The Facts About Uninsured Drivers?
- What Are The Minimum Auto Liability Insurance Requirements In Illinois?
- What Happens If The Uninsured Motorist Does Not Pay Damages Awarded by A Court?
- What Have Other Plaintiffs With Uninsured Motorist Claims Recovered In Illinois?