Here are how most traumatic brain injuries occur:
- Automobile accidents
- Hit by objects
How Do Most Traumatic Brain Injuries Happen By Percentage?
What Are The Main Factors That Lead To Brain Damage?
Traumatic brain injuries normally come about when a force strikes the head. However, brain damage can come about in many ways including the following:
- A blow to the head damages the cells immediately on contact as well as those in the immediate vicinity.
- The head is rocked back and forth and brain is damaged by slamming into the skull at different points.
- The brain is spun at high velocities and cells are damaged in the process.
- An explosion causes cellular deformation and loss.
- Bleeding, oxygen deprivation, or other nutrient loss kills or damages brain cells.
- Swelling puts pressure on brain cells and damages or even destroys them.
There are other ways in which your brain cells can be damaged but these are some of the most common factors that lead to damage.
What Are The Criteria For Determining Traumatic Brain Injuries?
Many people use the terms concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) interchangeably. In fact, they even have other phrases and words to label incidents and accidents that occur to someone around the head. However, it is important to be explicit when referring to TBI’s. They arise when some force is exerted on the head either by accident or intentional act. Also, there must be damage that results to the brain as well as one of the following outcomes:
- Loss of consciousness.
- No memory regarding the traumatic event.
- A skull fracture, seizure, or irregular brain wave because of the traumatic incident.
Want To Know More About The Risks Of Brain Injuries?
The Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers team has helped a multitude of people affected by injuries in Illinois. We have seen all different kinds of accidents. Therefore, our lawyers can show you what risks exists in different kinds of circumstances. Plus, we can help you get recovery if you do get hurt. Contact the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers now to learn about the steps you need to get on a path to recovery today.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Do I Have Grounds To Pursue A Brain Injury Case?
- How Are Brain Injuries Treated?
- How Can Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Help Me Pursue A Brain Injury Claim?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit Against The Party Who Caused My Brain Injury?
- What Are Brain Injuries And How Frequently Do They Occur?
- What Are Some Examples Of Financial Recoveries People Have Had With Brain Trauma?
- What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of A Brain Injury After An Accident?
- What Laws Were Established To Help People With A Brain Injury Sustained In An Accident?
- What Type Of Financial Compensation Can I Recover For A Brain Injury Caused By The Negligence Of Another?