Here is an overview of the various stages of ovarian cancer. Recent reports have suggested a link between this breed of disease and talcum powder so we want to illustrate how it develops. Doctors typically break up each stage into separate sub-stages so we do that where appropriate.
In the earliest stage, the ovarian cancer is only located within the ovaries or the fallopian tubes. At this point, it has not reached other organs or tissues of the body.
In stage 1A, the ovarian cancer is merely in the ovary, and specifically within the inner ovary section. Alternatively, it could be located within the inner fallopian. In either case, it has not spread to the outer portion of the ovary, fallopian tube, or other regions of the body.
In stage 1B, the ovarian cancer has now set in on both ovaries or fallopian tubes but has not reached the outer portions of either. Also, it is still confined to this area and has not affected other organs.
In stage 1C, the ovarian cancer is in either both of the ovaries or fallopian tubes and has one of the following issues:
- The cancer is leaking into other sections of the body.
- The cancer is in the outside portion of the ovaries of fallopian tubes.
- Exams find cancer cells in fluid from the body.
In stage II, the ovarian cancer is present in both of the ovaries or fallopian tubes in addition to other organs of the abdomen. However, it is generally not within more remote areas of the female body.
In stage IIA, the ovarian cancer has spread to both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.
In stage IIB, the ovarian cancer has reached into neighboring areas including the pelvis, bladder, and rectum.
In stage III, the ovarian cancer is within the ovaries and fallopian tubes and has either developed into the abdomen’s lining or lymph nodes.
Stage IV is the most developed stage of ovarian cancer. In this stage of ovarian cancer, it has spread to areas including the lungs, liver, or other organs of the body.
In this stage, you might find that the cancer fills within fluid of the lungs but not really anything else beyond the peritoneal cavity.
In this stage, the ovarian cancer has gone beyond the peritoneal cavity to the entire body and affects the brain, spleen, skin, and other areas.
Want To Know More About Your Illness?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represents people that are suffering from many different kinds of medical complications, including cancer. We can help you understand what exactly is going on with your health. If someone else was responsible for your illness, then we can help you prosecute a claim against them on contingency so that you only pay if you’re happy with the outcome. Want to know about all of the relief that is available to you, then call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC.
For additional information see the following pages:
- What Is Talcum Powder?
- What Self-Care Products Contain Talcum Powder?
- Why are Women at Risk for Developing Medical Complications Related to Talcum Powder?
- Has Use of Talcum Powder Been Associated With Ovarian Cancer?
- What are Some Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer?
- What are The Treatment Options For Ovarian Cancer?
- What are The Mechanics of Talcum Powder Cases?
- Have There Been Any Lawsuits Filed Related To Talcum Powder Use And Cancer?
- Has There Been Any Talcum Powder - Ovarian Cancer Class Action Lawsuits?
- Talcum Powder And Ovarian Cancer Facts
- Recent News And Reports Surrounding Talcum Powder And Ovarian Cancer