Attorneys for Patients Mistreated at West Suburban Medical Center
West Suburban Medical Center is a 50 bed nursing home located in Cook County, Illinois at:
West Suburban Medical Center
2 Erie Court
Oak Park, IL 60302
According to state nursing home data, the patients at West Suburban Medical Center are primarily admitted for the care relating to the following areas:
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
- Other Medical Conditions
Concerning Findings Regarding Patient Care at West Suburban Medical Center
A survey conducted by the Illinois State Department of Health and other private agencies discovered numerous cases of poor patient supervision, inadequate care equipment,medication errors and abuse which can be construed as nursing home negligence. On reviewing the surveys of ProPublica, the nursing home attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC discovered the following episodes which can be construed as negligence:
- Failure to inform physician of a change in residents’ condition: “5/15/2012 at 10:05am, R3 reported he had cough up blood over the past three days. R3 presented a wash cloth to the surveyor, and said, “This is what has come out of me.” The wash cloth had multiple areas of redness stains. R3 stated, II told the nurse about it three days ago and I haven’t seen a doctor yet. I might have pneumonia again.” E16 (nurse) came to R3’s room and was told about the situation. E16 reported she was not on duty yesterday and R3 did not report to her that he had blood in his sputum. R3 said it was not her (E16) but E17 he had reported it to. R3’s record reflected on 5/15/2012 with no time specified, R3 had a complaint of productive cough with blood tinged sputum. The physician was called but no call back.”
- Failure to ensure adequate nutrition via tube feeding: “R3 had an order written 4/26/2011 for nothing by mouth (NPO) and an enteral feeding of [MEDICATION NAME] at 75cc (cubic centimeters) per hour. On 5/14/2012 at 3:40pm and 5/16/2012 10:30am and 3:10pm, R3’s tube feeding was not running as ordered. The tube feeding pump reading on 5/15/2012 at 10:07am, the pump read 3255cc of the [MEDICATION NAME] formula was delivered to the resident. The pump was not clear from the previous shifts and there was no evidence of what amount of feeding was delivered to R3 in a twenty-four hour period.”
- Failure to prevent serious medication errors: “On May 16, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. during the medication pass, E13 (nurse) prepared 17 medications which included insulin for R8. E13 and was called away to another room. E13 did not return to R8 to give insulin by the end of the medication pass observation at 10:30 a.m. At 11:30 a.m. E13 was asked if R8 received her medications. E13 stated, “Actually no. I will give them after I discharge this patient.”
- Failure to use interventions to prevent repeated falls: “Based on record review and interview the facility failed to ensure 6 of 6 sampled residents (R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 and R6) who experienced a fall, received care and service to aid in the preventive of additional falls by not: -thoroughly evaluating possible causes of an initial fall for each resident.
-following policy and procedures for fall and/or incident. -initiating changes post fall to help prevent any additional fall.
-updating and re-evaluating the resident’s care plan after having a fall. The facility’s failure to provide the above care and service put the residents at risk for further fall and possible injury.”
Oak Park, IL Nursing Home Attorneys
The Illinois Nursing Home Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent families and individuals who have suffered an episode of abuse or neglect during an admission to a facility. Many of our nursing home lawsuits involve the following situations:
- Bed Sores / Pressure Pores
- Dropped Patients
- Fractures and Broken Bones
- Medication Errors
- Physical Abuse
- Patient Wandering
- Repeated Falls
- Wrongful Death
Concerned about a loved one? Take the first step today.
If your loved one has been abused or neglected during an admission to West Suburban Medical Center, or a different skilled nursing facility in Illinois, you should contact an attorney to determine your legal rights. Our nursing home lawyers have experience getting superior results for all types of cases. Put our team to work for your family and get the results that you deserve. All of our initial consultations are free and we never charge a fee without a recovery for you. Talk to an experienced attorney today (888) 424-5757
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.