If the injuries you have suffered in a Walmart retail store are due to the negligence of others, you likely have the legal right to seek financial recovery for your damages. This is because any retail establishment welcoming customers onto the store’s property is duty bound to provide a safe environment. Any condition deemed “unreasonable” that contributes to an accident creates liability against the establishment.
Any customer suffering injuries in slip and fall accidents or other incidences while on the store’s premises might have a legal, valid claim for compensation. Seeking recompense would involve filing a claim or lawsuit to recover medical bills, hospitalization, lost wages, mental anguish, pain, suffering, etc. However, these types of cases can be complex and proving liability can be challenging. This is why many victims injured in Walmart accidents seek help through legal guidance, counsel and representation.
Common Walmart Accidents
Walmart is the nation’s largest retailer. The sheer size of most of its stores and the number of employees and customers inside the building 24 hours a day increases the problem of an accident or incident occurring on a regular basis. The busy atmosphere and understaffing at many of their locations can create dangerous scenarios and unsafe environments in aisle ways, below overhead bins and outdoors on the front sidewalks and parking lot.
Accidents in Walmart Supercenters, Walmart Neighborhood Express, Walmart Food Stores and Sam’s Clubs occur for numerous reasons including:
- Slippery, oily, wet or over-waxed floors
- Broken glass and sharp edges
- Icy, snowy and wet sidewalks at the store’s entrance
- Spilt products
- Protruding nails
- Holes and depressions in flooring material, sidewalks and parking lot
- Dangerous and unexpected debris
- Frayed carpets
- Falling racks and merchandise
- Products knocked over or dropped my employees
- Strapping and boxing material on the floor
- Negligence by employees, managers and staff not paying attention while working
- Electrical malfunction
- Inadequately designed and maintained stairways
- Poor lighting
- Aisle way obstructions including boxes and merchandise stacked or left in walkways
- Inferior or loose handrails
- Uneven pavement outside the store
- Inadequate or lack of security
At Walmart’s retail establishments, customer safety is not always the highest priority. This lack of care and concern over the safety of others often results in unavoidable injuries to shoppers and workers.
Getting Immediate Help From Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys Familiar With Walmart Accident Cases
Customers injured during a visit to an Illinois Walmart store often receive immediate attention from a store employee or manager. Their show of concern and ability to help often provides peace of mind to the injured victim. Often times, management will provide contact information to the store’s risk management office.
Unfortunately, the maze of seeking help through the retailer is challenging, with many follow-up return phone calls going unanswered. In some scenarios, the risk management office loses paperwork or out rightly denies the claim. This is because Walmart tends to blame the injured victim for the accident and injuries that they believe could have been avoided had the customer been more careful.
It is usually the hope of the large retailer to discourage the injured victim in the hopes that they will simply give up the claim for compensation. This is why it is essential to discuss the case with a competent personal injury attorney immediately after the accident.Walmart Accident Victims Fighting Back
It is crucial to take important steps to ensure you receive adequate recompense. After the injuries, it is essential that you:
- Never sign anything concerning the accident without the assistance of an attorney.
- Never provide a record or written statement discussing or outlining any event of the accident without your lawyer.
- Do not sign any authorization to settle the claim without first discussing it with your legal representative.
Hiring a reputable slip and fall accident lawyer with years of experience in dealing with cases against Walmart is essential. The law firm can work directly with claims adjusters trained to deny or minimize damages. Your attorney working on your behalf will ensure you receive adequate medical attention while the claim is in process to ensure you heal properly.
It is essential to call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers at (888) 424-5757 before speaking to the claims adjuster, signing any form or hiring a lawyer. Our team of attorneys can provide legal representation to ensure you receive adequate recompense for any injury suffered in a Walmart accident.