VHS Westlake Hospital
VHS Westlake Hospital is a 690 bed hospital located in Cook County, Illinois at:1225 Lake StMelrose Park IL 60160(708) 938-4000
VHS Westlake Hospital has the following designations:
- Perinatal II
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health other agencies, VHS Westlake Hospital reported the following medical errors which may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11) with 4 reported infections for 1355 central-line days
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with total Knee Replacement Surgery (7/1/10 to 6/30/11) 1 infection from 31 procedures
- Risk-adjusted Postoperative lung embolism or deep vein thrombosis (clotting) (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 7 out of 943 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 4,719 patients
- Latrogenic Pneumothorax (health care-associated collapsed lung 1 out of 4,567 patients
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 942 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 7 out of 351 patients
Melrose Park, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or your child was harmed during an admission to VHS Westlake Hospital, it may have been related to medical negligence. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is committed to protecting the public from medical errors in all settings. Contact our attorneys todays to discuss your case. All consultations are free and confidential.