UnityPoint Health - Trinity - Rock Island is a ‘not for profit’ Hospital providing services to residents of Rock Island and Rock Island County, Illinois. The 327-certified-bed Facility is located at:
2701 17th Street
Rock Island, IL 61201
Along with providing emergency care to the Rock Island community, the facility also offers other valuable services that include:
- Spine medicine
- Cancer care
- Diabetes education
- Wound care
- Pallet of care
- Pain management Center
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Diagnostic imaging
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Pediatric care
- Sleep center
- Women’s health
- Weight management
- Heart center
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, Unity Point Health – Trinity – Rock Island maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 69th percentile. The calculated ranking was determined through publicly available data that includes patient flow, overall patient satisfaction, admitted patient length of stay, staff responsiveness, discharge patient length of stay, and reported complications. Lower scores might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice/mistakes and errors occurring at the facility.
The level of urgent and emergent care the emergency department provides is crucial to the local community. Analytics MD collects information on emergency departments at medical centers and hospitals nationwide and releases the publicly available data through percentile rankings that can be used as a comparison tool. Currently, the percentile rankings involving emergency room care at Unity Point Health – Trinity – Rock Island include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (80th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated after arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (97th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides a level of care to less sick patients who will be discharged from the ER after receiving treatment.
- Admitted Patient Flow (97th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides treatment to sicker patients who will be admitted to the facility from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (76 percentile) – This measurement reveals of frustrated patients receiving care are after leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (28th percentile) – This low measurement indicates the overall patient experience to individuals receiving care at every hospital department.
UnityPoint Health - Trinity - Rock Island currently holds one state designation that includes:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors central line-associated bloodstream infection rates that occur in intensive care units and critical care units to determine if they are statistically better or worse than the national average. For the year 2015, the central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) rate for Unity Point Health – Trinity – Rock Island involved:
- Adult Surgical ICU-Related Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 1152 central line days.
- Adult Medical ICU-Related Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 2 infection incidents of 1279 central line days.
The IDPH determined that the infection rates listed above were “not statistically significantly worse or better than the national average.”Surgical Site Infection Rate
The IDPH monitors surgical site infection rates involving total knee replacement surgery and coronary artery bypass graft surgery to help evaluate the level of care the facility is providing its patients. For 2015, the surgical site infection rate at this facility involved:
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery-Related Surgical Site Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 435 procedures. The IDPH determined that this rate was “not statistically significantly worse than the national average.”
The IDPH monitors highly infectious bloodstream infection rates involving Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). This information can be used to determine if the bloodstream infection rates are statistically lower or higher than the national average. For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate for this facility involved:
- Facility-Acquired MRSA Infection Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 60,435 patient days.
- Facility-Acquired CDI Infection Incident Rate – 45 infection incidents out of 60,004 and 35 patient days.
The Department of Public Health determined that these rates were “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.”Rock Island Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one was injured or died prematurely by medical malpractice while a patient at Unity Point Health – Trinity – Rock Island, take quick action by calling Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers. Our Illinois attorneys have represented clients who have been harmed, injured or died unexpectedly through medical malpractice by medical center health providers.
Let our legal team file all the necessary documentation in the appropriate court to begin your medical malpractice case. The contact information for the Rock Island County court is:
P.O. Box 5230
Rock Island, Illinois 61201-5230
Circuit Court Clerk Tammy Weikert
We encourage you to contact our Illinois medical malpractice law offices by calling (888) 424-5757 today to schedule your comprehensive compensation lawsuit evaluation at no charge to you. You’re not required to make any upfront payment because our law firm accepts all wrongful death lawsuits, personal injury cases in medical malpractice compensation claims through contingency fee agreements. Our fees are only paid after we have successfully resolved your case by winning your claim for compensation at trial or negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf.