UnityPoint Health - Proctor Medical Malpractice Lawyers
UnityPoint Health-Proctor is a 218-certified-bed ‘not for profit’ Hospital providing services to residents of Peoria and Peoria County, Illinois. The Facility is located at:
5409 North Knoxville Avenue
Peoria, IL 61614
Along with providing emergency and urgent care to the local community, Unity Point Health-Proctor offers other services that include:
- Behavioral health
- Palliative care
- Pain care
- Physical therapy excellent Occupational therapy
- Stroke Center
- Sleep center
- Wellness Center
- Wound care
- Geriatric assessment
- Vascular and heart care
- Dear, nose and throat care
- Cancer care
- Breast health center
- Birthing center
- Laboratory testing
- Nuclear medicine
In a comparative analysis involving all medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, Unity Point Health – Proctor maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 62nd percentile. The calculated ranking involves publicly available information including patient flow, patient length of stay, patient satisfaction, physician/patient communication and reported complications. A low to median score might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice, mistakes, and errors occurring at the facility.
Residents of Peoria County can determine the level of emergency care the facility provides using ranking percentiles collected and distributed by Analytics MD. Currently, the percentile rankings involving the level of care provided by Unity Point Health – Proctor Emergency Department include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (72nd percentile) – This high measurement indicates the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated after arriving at the emergency department.
- Discharged Patient Flow (84th percent) – This high measurement indicates how the medical team efficiently treats less sick patients who will be provided care and discharged from the Emergency Department.
- Admitted Patient Flow (97th percentile) – This extremely high measurement indicates the efficiency of how the medical team provides treatment and care to sicker patients who will be admitted to the facility from the emergency department.
- Frustrated Patients (67th percentile) – This measurement indicates the level of frustration patients feel after receiving care and leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (29th percentile) – This extremely low measurement indicates the overall patient experience of individuals receiving care and treatment at all departments in the facility.
UnityPoint Health-Proctor currently holds two state designations that include:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The facility is part of more than one hundred other Illinois hospitals recognized by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Emergency Medical Services for Children Program for providing essential resources and ensuring that certain capabilities remain in place so that injured and seriously ill pediatric patients can receive the best critical emergency care.
The EDAP designation indicates that the hospital participates in the Illinois-approved emergency medical system by providing the highest level of emergency care around-the-clock to pediatric patients. This program is facilitated by specially trained professionals where the hospital provides access to essential pediatric equipment, medication, and supplies.
- Perinatal II – A level II designation means at the facility provides exceptional care to childbearing women and their newborn who might be at risk of medical complications. In addition, the hospital ensures that additional facilities and services are available to the patient. However, the hospital does not have a neonatal intensive care nursery or special care unit specifically dedicated to pregnant women and children at risk.
Surgical Site Infection and Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors surgical site infection and contagious bloodstream infection rates to determine the level of care provided by the hospital. This data helps determine if the bloodstream infection rates at the hospital are statistically higher or lower than the national average. Surgical site infections are usually associated with total knee replacement surgery and coronary artery bypass graft surgery. For 2015, the surgical site infection and bloodstream infection rates involving Unity Point Health – Proctor include:
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery-Related Surgical Site Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 347 procedures.
- Facility-Acquired Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) Incident Rate – 7 infection incidents out of 14,529 patient days. The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that this incident rate was “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.”
Peoria Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one was injured or died unexpectedly while a patient at UnityPoint Health-Proctor, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC. For years, our Peoria attorneys have successfully resolved Illinois medical malpractice cases. Our experience can ensure a positive outcome in your claim for compensation against those who caused your loved one harm. Allow our legal team to handle every aspect of your medical malpractice claim and file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate court. In Peoria County, the courthouse is located at:
324 Main Street
Peoria, Illinois 61602-1319
Circuit Court Clerk Robert Spears
We encourage you to contact our Peoria County Medical Malpractice law office today by calling (888) 424-5757. Speak with one of our representatives to schedule your no-obligation, comprehensive case evaluation free of charge. You are not required to make an upfront payment because we accept all wrongful death lawsuits and medical malpractice cases through contingency fee agreements. Our legal fees will be paid only after we have successfully resolved your claim for compensation in a jury trial or by negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.