UnityPoint Health - Methodist Medical Malpractice Lawyers
UnityPoint Health-Methodist is a 329-certified-bed Facility providing services to residents of Peoria and Peoria County, Illinois. The ‘not for profit’ hospital is located at:
221 Northeast Glen Oak
Peoria, IL 61636
Along with providing emergency care to the local community, Unity Point Health-Methodist Medical Center provides other valuable services that include:
- Wound care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Laboratory services
- Palliative and hospice care
- Geriatric assessment
- Birthing center
- Medical and diagnostic imaging
- Diabetes education
- Behavioral health
- Home health
- Heart care
- Wellness Center
When comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers hospitals nationwide, Unity Point Health – Methodist maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 46th percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including reported complications, patient cost, emergency department initial assessment, cost per patient day, nurse/patient communication, overall patient satisfaction, discharge patient length of stay, and patient flow. A median to low score is often indicative of a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes occurring at the facility.
Analytics MD gathers publicly available data on the level of care every emergency room in the United States provides its community residents. This information is used to compare facilities, where higher numbers indicate better care. Currently, the emergency department percentile rankings at Unity Point Health – Methodist include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (38th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the inefficiency of how patients are evaluated when first arriving at the emergency department.
- Discharged Patient Flow (20th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the inefficiency of how less sick patients receive treatment from the medical team before being discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (75th percentile) – This high measurement reveals the efficiency of how sicker patients receive care and treatment from the medical team before being admitted to the hospital from the emergency department.
- Frustrated Patients (22nd percentile) – This extremely low measurement reveals how frustrated patients are after receiving care and leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (74th percentile) – This high measurement reveals the overall patient experience of individuals receiving care and treatment at all departments inside the hospital.
UnityPoint Health – Methodist currently holds four state designations that include:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Magnet Recognition
- Perinatal II
- Trauma Center Level II
Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitor central line-associated bloodstream infections that happen in intensive care units and critical care units to determine if they are statistically significantly better or worse than the national average. For 2015, the central line-associated bloodstream infection rate at Unity Point Health – Methodist involved:
- Adult Medical/Surgical ICU-Related Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection – 1 infection incident out of 987 central line days.
- Adult Surgical Cardiothoracic ICU-Related Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 1308 central line days.
The IDPH determined that these rates were not significantly worse or better than the national average.
Contagious Bloodstream Infection Rates
The IDPH monitors facility onset incident rates involving Methicillin--resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI), two highly infectious diseases. This data is collected through laboratory test results obtained from patients who were at the facility for at least four consecutive days. The information is used to determine if the contagious bloodstream infection rates are statistically higher or lower than the national average.
For 2015, the contagious bloodstream infection rate at Unity Point Health – Methodist involve:
- Facility-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Incident Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 42,512 patient days.
- Facility Acquired Clostridium Difficile Infections–Incident Rate – 29 infection incidents out of 42,512 patient days.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that these ratings were “not statistically significantly better worse than the national average.”
Patient Safety Concerns
Data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and monitored by the Department of Public Health reveals public safety measures on potential adverse events and in-hospital complications that occur after procedures and surgeries. The patient safety concerns involving this facility for 2015 include:
- Postoperative Deep Vein Thrombosis (Clotting) or Lung Embolism
- Accidental Puncture Laceration
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure
Peoria Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe that your loved one has suffered injury or died unexpectedly by medical malpractice while a patient at UnityPoint Health – Methodist, call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Our skillful Peoria attorneys provide legal representation in victim cases involving medical malpractice when it occurs in Illinois hospitals and medical centers. Let our legal team begin your medical malpractice case by filing all the necessary documentation in the appropriate courthouse. In Peoria County, the courthouse is located at:
324 Main Street
Peoria, Illinois 61602-1319
Circuit Court Clerk Robert Spears
We urge you to contact our Illinois medical malpractice law office at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment today. Speak with one of our experienced lawyers for legal answers during a free comprehensive, no-obligation case evaluation. No upfront payment is necessary to receive immediate services from our legal team. This is because our malpractice case fees are paid only once we have successfully resolved your personal injury recompense claim by negotiating an out of court settlement on your behalf or winning your case at trial.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.