The law firm of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC protects the financial future of personal injury and wrongful death victims in the Chicago area, including those in Ukrainian Village. Our team of attorneys has proven how a defendant’s negligence led to the death of our client to ensure their surviving family members including spouses, children, and parents receive the financial compensation they deserve. Our law firm encourages families to discuss their case with us, so we can establish liability and hold those responsible for your loved one’s death financially accountable.
Wrongful death caused by negligence is handled differently from other personal injury cases. As an example, dangerous products with the defective design could cause a hazardous condition that kills the consumer. Other cases of wrongful death involve vehicle accidents where distraction, drunk driving or faulty tires resulted in a fatal wreck.
Do I Have a Case?
When you discuss your case with our Ukrainian Village wrongful death attorneys, we can investigate your claim for compensation and identify the four specific elements that must be proven in a wrongful death lawsuit to determine if you have a case. To successfully resolve your case, we will need to prove the following including:
- The catastrophic accident or event caused the death of your loved one due to the direct or indirect action of others.
- The death of your loved one is the direct result of another individual’s carelessness, recklessness, or intentional action.
- Because your loved one died, the surviving family members including dependents and beneficiaries of the decedent have suffered a significant loss that can be determined through financial valuation.
- There is a direct correlation between the survivors’ financial damages and the actions of the defendant.
If your case fulfills the criteria above, our attorneys may determine that you have a legitimate wrongful death claim for compensation.
Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
Surviving family members have the right to pursue legal action if their loved one was killed directly by the negligence or survived an accident but later succumbed to their injuries. Our attorneys will file a compensation claim or wrongful death lawsuit seeking financial recompense on behalf of the decedent that includes medical expenses, hospitalization, burial and funeral expenses, pain, suffering, emotional trauma and mental anguish. The most common forms of recoverable damages in a wrongful death case include:
- Pecuniary Damages – Family members are likely to endure the loss of support, care, services, maintenance, counsel, advice, and contribution that the decedent would have provided the family had they survived.
- Loss of Society and Companionship – This damage involves the loss of companionship, comfort, and love that a family member must forego now that their loved one died by the negligent actions or intentions of others.
- Emotional Trauma – Unexpectedly losing a loved one can cause significant emotional trauma, mental anguish, suffering, and pain because they are no longer here.
- Loss of Inheritance – The number of assets the loved one would have generated over the remainder of their life is now gone because the negligent or intentional actions of others claimed their life.
Surviving family members are entitled to receive financial compensation for all the damages listed above. The value of the cases determined by numerous factors including the decedent’s age, career success, talents, and health before the event that claimed their life.
While the grief of losing a loved one is devastating, there is only a limited time that surviving family members can file a claim or lawsuit for compensation. Parents, children, and spouses of the decedent are legally entitled to seek recompense through a claim or lawsuit. In some incidences, other family members might also have the legal right to seek financial compensation in a wrongful death claim.
About Chicago’s Ukrainian Village Neighborhood
Chicago’s west side is home to the Ukrainian Village neighborhood that is a part of the West Town neighborhood area. The Village is bordered to the south by Chicago Avenue, to the north by Division Street, to the west by Western Avenue, and to the east by Damen Avenue. Since the 1930s, locals refer to the community as Ukrainian Village when the neighborhood was home to five Ukrainian parishes including the Saint Nicholas Cathedral on Oakley Boulevard.
Located northwest of the Chicago Loop, the neighborhood was originally settled by Slavic and Polish immigrants before the influx of Ukrainian immigrants fleeing their country’s rise of nationalism after World War I. Originally, the area was settled by German-American farmers when the newly constructed elevated train line was built in 1895. The new form of transportation back then provided huge economic growth with easy commutes into distant Chicago workplaces.
Neighborhood places of worship include the Saint Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral, Saint Olha Ukrainian Catholic Church, Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Eastern European Ukrainian Orthodox Church, and Saint Volodymyr Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral.
Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 2 Alderman Brian Hopkins
1400 N. Ashland
Chicago, IL 60622
Ward 1Alderman Joe Proco Moreno
2740 W. North Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
Ward 27 Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr.
4 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 43 Alderman Michele Smith
2523 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614
Puerto Rican Chamber
1635 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60622
Why Should Hire an Attorney?
The numerous procedural and statutory requirements necessary to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit are complicated. Resolving these cases usually require the extensive assistance and guidance of an attorney who has a comprehensive understanding of Illinois civil tort law. If your family is suffering the loss of a loved one caused by the negligent or reckless actions of others, the skillful wrongful death attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help. Let us discuss your case with you through an initial, free consultation. Schedule your appointment today by calling (888) 424-5757 or filling in the online intake form now.
If you choose to hire us to handle your case, you can be assured that we will use every available resource at our disposal to build a solid case on your behalf for financial recompense. Unlike other law firms, we devote 100% of our time of our legal practice representing victims of personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice. Our decades of experience and aggressive tactics to protect the rights of our clients. Our developed strategies used during the negotiation process have proven to be highly successful as we have secured millions of dollars in out of court settlements and jury trial awards. We fight for the maximum amount for monetary recovery that secures our clients’ financial futures.
We accept these types of cases through contingency arrangements. This agreement allows us to begin building your case for compensation immediately without the need of you making any payment until your compensation claim is successfully resolved. We offer a No Win / No Pay Guarantee, meaning if we are unable to secure a negotiated out-of-court settlement or win your case at trial, you owe us nothing.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys