Chicago UberEats Accident Lawyers
UberEATS is the fastest growing food delivery service in the United States. Uber’s foundation as an alternative to taxi service made it uniquely positioned to enter the food delivery market with success. The infrastructure and business plan were already in place.
UberEATS, originally called UberFRESH, began operations in 2014. Many of the regular Uber drivers also accept UberEATS orders as independent contractors. It is a convenient service using phone apps for both customers and workers.
Not long ago, UberEATS eclipsed the 20% level of market share in the food delivery service industry, and they seem set to keep growing. Here in Chicago, in a six-month period, UberEATS went from delivering 10% of all food orders to more than 15%.
Accidents and Damages
With all the time Uber drivers spend on the road, it is natural that some of them will get into accidents, some of which will be serious. If another driver hits you, you have the right to compensation for your damages. This includes damages to your car, medical bills and pain and suffering. You can even get compensation for lost wages. Contact a Chicago UberEATS lawyer for more information.
In the state of Illinois, courts consider a number of factors when determining an appropriate amount to recover for lost wages. They include:
- The number of years left before retirement. If you are a long way from retirement and can no longer work, or can no longer work in the same capacity, the lost wages part of your recovery will be higher than if you are nearing retirement.
- Any pre-existing injuries or impairments. A court needs to know whether you already had some impairment, or if all your impairments are due to the accident in question.
- How long you have been on your current job. With more seniority, you have more room to argue for more recovery of lost wages.
- How much you earned at past jobs. This gives the court an idea of what kind of wage history you have and therefore what sort of wage expectations you could reasonably have prior to the accident.
- The kind of job you work and what skills it requires. This will indicate to the court how impaired you are in comparison to the job you must perform.
- Your educational background. This will give the court an idea of what sort of jobs you might have been able to pursue in the future.
- Whether you are the breadwinner. The courts will take into consideration whether someone has a family depending on him or her when determining compensation for lost wages.
- Your lifestyle. The extent to which you can no longer live the lifestyle you made for yourself is important in determining your just compensation.
Have You Been in an UberEats Accident and Need Legal Representation?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is a firm right here in Chicago that works exclusively with personal injury cases, often involving traffic accidents. Our experienced team of professionals knows the system and can help you navigate through what may seem like a labyrinth. We are dedicated to getting the best results possible for every client.
We make the same three pledges to all of our clients:
- We are always available for communication from the start of the investigation to the final resolution. You will have constant access to all your attorneys. When you need us, we will be there.
- We have many resources to bring to bear on your case. We will use whatever is necessary to get you the best result possible.
- We focus on you, the accident victim, without conflicts of interest. We will never work for corporations or for physicians.
Most of our clients come to us because a family member or trusted friend referred them. They understand the quality of representation we provided them with, and have passed the word along to others. At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC, we are proud of the record-setting recoveries we have obtained for our clients.
Are you an UberEATS driver whom another party injured in an accident? Were you or a loved one injured by an UberEATS driver in an accident? You need attorneys to get the fair compensation owed to you for physical damages as well as pain and suffering. Our team has the passion and experience to stand up to insurance companies so they cannot avoid their obligations. If you have been in an accident and feel lost or alone, call us at (888) 424-5757 and consult with the best attorneys in the field.
At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC, we are available by phone 24 hours a day to assist you with your case.