Attorneys for Injured Truck Passengers
Attorneys for Passengers in Trucks Who Are Injured in Crashes
Passengers who are injured when riding with an irresponsible or reckless driver may be entitled to damages for their injuries and related expenses following an accident. The Chicago trucking accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC specialize in representing all of those who have suffered harm due to the actions of a negligent driver, even if it is a fellow employee. Regardless of who is determined to be at fault for the accident, you are guaranteed worker’s compensation benefits. These benefits may not cover the entire cost of your medical bills, time off work and other expenses, however, which is why you need to investigate whether you have a claim against your employer or another party responsible for the accident.
If you were injured as a passenger in a truck that was involved in a collision in Chicago or the State of Illinois, we invite you to contact our office for a free review of your case. You can discuss your legal options with an attorney who has experience representing people injured while riding as a passenger in a semi-truck.
Primary Causes of Trucking Accidents
Every trucking accident is the result of a unique set of circumstances, but there are some factors that many accidents have in common. When evaluating any case, we look for signs of negligence on the part of the driver, the employer, whoever is responsible for maintaining the truck and the manufacturer. Here are some of the causes of truck crashes that we look for to build a case for compensation.
- Driver distraction. When drivers are talking on the phone, texting, eating or otherwise distracted while behind the wheel, their reaction time is much greater and they are less likely to notice hazards on the road.
- Inexperienced driver. When drivers have not received adequate training or lack experience operating large semi-tractors, they are more prone to errors which may result in catastrophic injuries.
- Use of controlled substances. If the driver is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs at the time of an accident, he or she can be considered negligent and be held liable for damages related to the incident.
- Improperly maintained vehicle. Many commercial truck companies have poor maintenance policies and fail to inspect or repair their vehicles on a regular basis to save money in the short term. When this results in equipment failure, the driver of the truck may be powerless to prevent an accident.
- Manufactural defect. Defective equipment can contribute to or become the direct cause of an accident or cause injuries to the driver and any passengers in the truck at the time of the incident.
- Speeding. Many accidents involve drivers operating at excessive speeds or violating other traffic laws.
When worker’s compensation is not sufficient to pay for our clients’ medical bills and other expenses, our Chicago truck injury lawyers investigate other avenues to find ways to make up the difference. If we can prove that the driver was acting negligently or your employer was complicit, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit to collect damages beyond what is covered by your worker’s compensation benefits.
How the Value of Your Case is Determined
Just as there are many variables when determining the cause of an accident, an equal number of variables can be used to determine the appropriate amount of compensation to seek in a lawsuit. Damages can include any of the following.
- The cost of your past and future medical bills. This would include your initial treatment as well as any therapy or operative procedures that are deemed necessary for your physical recovery.
- The value of your wages during your time off of work. If you suffer a permanent disability due to your injuries, this can include potential earnings lost as well.
- Pain and suffering due to emotional or mental stress, diminished quality of life and the pain endured throughout your recovery.
- Punitive damages. If an act of negligence is considered extraordinarily reckless or unacceptable, the jury may seek to punish the guilty party by providing additional compensation to the victim in the form of punitive damages.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has represented countless clients across Illinois and is the leading personal injury law firm in the state. If you have been injured as a passenger in a trucking accident, we can ensure that you receive the maximum allowed compensation according to state law for your injuries so that you can focus on your physical recovery without the need to worry about your finances. Contact us today to schedule a free case review so that we may gather all of the information needed to get to work on your behalf.
Our Chicago trucking accident attorneys have a history of success when it comes to recovering damages on behalf of our clients and for this reason; we promise never to ask for any form of payment upfront. We will only receive payment once we’ve successfully secured a recovery on your behalf and if we are unable to do so for any reason at all, our services will be free of charge.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.