Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer
Have You Been Injured in an Accident Involving a Truck in the Chicago, IL Area?Considering that you are on this page, chances are you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident with a truck, resulting in serious injuries.
You have sustained a personal injury and are seeking help with your accident claim in the State of Illinois, aiming to get the maximum financial compensation allowed under the law for your truck accident injuries.
A Chicago truck accident lawyer at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to helping you recover the maximum compensation available for your personal injuries under Illinois law.
We can also assist you in pursuing a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one in a semi-truck crash. Let our team help you with your recovery.
We invite you to contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options directly with a truck accident lawyer in Chicago.
Get the right Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer on your side, to Help Take on the Corporations Behind Commercial CarriersYou are understandably overwhelmed with the complexities of your commercial vehicle accident claim and need help with your case from experienced Chicago truck accident lawyers.
Compared to other types of collisions such as car accidents, tractor-trailer accidents are more complicated due to the commercial context of logistics and the insurance companies who defend them.
There are usually multiple parties at fault when an 18-wheeler crashes.
What’s more, most of these entities are corporations who are well-experienced in defending claims and lawsuits brought against them for personal injury or wrongful death.
We Have the Perfect Solution for YouThe trucking accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of experience assisting individuals and families navigate the legal system to move past their injuries and get their lives back in order.
By using our services, each client has 24/7 access to a dedicated Chicago trucking accidents lawyer, who is committed to communicating with you throughout your legal proceedings.
Furthermore, we handle claims involving tractor trailers on a contingency fee basis, which means we only receive a fee for our work when we are successful in obtaining a settlement or verdict on your behalf.
Get a free consultation without delay.
We Handle Your Tractor-Trailer Truck Accident Case While You Focus on Your RecoveryWhen you work with one of our Chicago truck accident lawyers, you can rest assured that you are working with a professional who is familiar with your case, understands the law, and has your best interests in mind.
Our law firm is well-versed in the Federal Safety Regulations that apply to large trucks companies and have achieved successful settlements for cases just like yours by demonstrating that the violation of these regulations contributed to the crash.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has successfully prosecuted cases involving semi-trucks across Illinois and the Midwest, recovering millions of dollars in settlements in commercial vehicle collisions for our clients.
This is no small achievement, given that most large commercial transportation operations are expecting cases like yours and know how to protect themselves from your legal action against them.
We’ve Seen This Before, and Know What to doWith our law offices headquartered in downtown Chicago, IL our truck accident attorneys know the area well and have experience working on large vehicle accident cases involving integral Illinois highways such as: Kingery Expressway (I-80, I-94), Bishop Ford Freeway (I-94), Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90, I-94), Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), and Eden’s Expressway (I-94).
While these are common locations for truck accidents, we know what to look for regardless of the location of your accident.
While most truck cases stem from driver error and driver fatigue similar to car accidents, our law firm consistently sees people seriously hurt in trucking accidents involving:
- Rear-end accidents
- Intersection impacts
- Left-hand-turn accidents
- Head-on impacts
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Poor maintenance
- Back and neck injuries, including herniated discs
- Brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal damage to organs
- Joint damage to areas such as the knee, hip, and shoulder
Frequent Causes of Trucking Accidents in the Chicago AreaJust as with auto accidents involving passenger vehicles, tractor-trailer crashes can involve almost an infinite number of causes.
Our trucking accident lawyers regularly represent people injured in commercial crashes due to common causes such as: poor road conditions, improper truck maintenance, truck driver fatigue, driver error and poor training.
Examples of Truck Accident Settlements
Our truck accident lawyers have worked on a variety of complex commercial trucks matters– and won.
Below are some examples of settlements we have won for our clients, lightening their load and their medical expenses while they focus on recovering.
Commercial Truck Accident FAQ's
Should I Hire a Trucking Accident Lawyer for My Case?
Trucking is also a heavily regulated industry with many intricacies. The nature of trucking also means there is likely to be much more damage than in a standard car accident. You should hire a lawyer who understands these complexities.
Additionally, your lawyer will understand how trucking companies commonly defend their interests and will be prepared to fight against the common tactics used to defend these claims, such as:
- Claiming you (the plaintiff) were at fault
- Blaming another third party/unidentified driver
- Claiming your medical treatment is exaggerated
- Claiming no one is at fault
- Arguing that driving conditions were at unfavorable
How Long do I Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
In the case of a fatal semi-truck accident, the family of the deceased also has two years to file a claim for their loss.
How Long Will it Take to Settle a Truck Accident Case?
It will likely take a few months to even a couple of years to settle a truck accident claim filed in Cook County, IL Circuit Court, depending on the claim and whether it goes to trial.
Much of the time frame for settlement will be dependent upon the liability aspects and severity of your medical condition.
Our attorneys are mindful that many of our clients are eager to resolve their claim and work diligently to position your claim for a fair settlement as soon as feasible.
How Much is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
First, trucks are much larger than other vehicles and can do more damage.
Second, trucking is a business and this commercial aspect allows for greater recovery.
Third, truck crash accident victims generally face more severe injuries and life-long consequences.
However, the value of your claim depends on your individual damages and what you are trying to recover. An injured person has the right to obtain economic and non-economic damages including medical bills, wages, property damage, pain and suffering and punitive damages in the situation of extreme recklessness.
If the crash resulted in a fatality, the family of the deceased can recover compensation for the loss of financial support as well as the intangible loss they will experience due to the death.
We can assist with pursuing a fatality claim against the negligent parties under the Illinois Wrongful Death Act.
What Parties Can be Responsible in a Trucking Crash Involving Injuries or a Fatality?
To be concise, anyone’s unreasonable conduct that contributed to your damages (economic or non-economic) can be found liable in court, such as:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The entity that owns the trailer
- Any vendor or party that worked on or for the vehicle or trailer including repair shops
- The maker or seller of the semi or trailer
What are My Legal Rights if I am a Truck Driver Hurt in a Crash or on the Job?
If you are classified as an independent contractor, you may still be eligible.
As an injured commercial driver, you also have the right to file a personal injury claim against a responsible third party such as other motorists or entities who are not your direct employer. Our injury attorneys proudly represent injured commercial drivers across the Midwest.
Four Things Know About Commercial Vehicle Accident CasesOur legal team is familiar with the intricacies of cases involving trucking companies, as they remain a core part of our law firm practice. We have put together some helpful information to improve your understanding of the legal context of your claim. If you need more information, contact our law firm for a free consultation.
- You carry the burden of proof: After establishing liability on the part of the company, you as the plaintiff (person bringing the lawsuit) have the burden of proving the damages. In cases involving substantial damages, expert testimony may be needed from treating physicians and expert witnesses to establish the causal relationship between the collision and your injuries. Most courts also require opinions from qualified experts regarding the permanency of your medical condition.
- You are up against commercial entities: If your case involves an incident with a commercial vehicle operated by a corporation, it is important to recognize that these companies and their insurers are skilled at investigating and fighting claims like yours, and know how to do so quickly and cheaply. Consult an experienced Chicago truck accident lawyer before you talk to the insurance company.
- Your truck claim could be covered by worker’s comp: Depending on the employment status of the trucker, he or she may have legal rights for filing a worker’s comp case and/or a claim against the party who caused or contributed to the collision or unsafe condition. Rosenfeld Law is proud to represent injured drivers and will work with you to secure the best outcome for your case from all responsible parties.
What to do if You Have Been Involved in a Truck Accident in the Chicago AreaIf you have been involved in an incident with a semi, you need to begin the claims process as soon as possible. This may be difficult if you are badly injured, so you may need help from a friend or family member.
- Report the crash to the police: The first thing you should do is report the incident from the scene and obtain a police report. Remember to relay the facts as you remember them and avoid embellishing the occurrence with your own opinions.
- Document the scene of the crash: To the extent that you are able, make sure that you document the scene of the crash. This means that you take pictures of the scene and get contact information of those who may be possible witnesses to the collision. Take note of the company name on the vehicle, its registration number, and any contact details you can find. If you are unable to document the crash, try to contact an attorney from the scene who can come and document the scene for you.
- Report the incident to your insurer: It is very important to report the crash to your insurance company. This will begin the process of starting your claim. This will ensure that your insurance company is informed of what happened and won’t learn of it first from the truck drivers insurance company.
- Hire a lawyer: You should look at obtaining legal representation because actions that you take in the immediate aftermath of a collision may determine whether you are able to receive a settlement.
Truck Accident Cases in FocusYou are not alone in your position as the party hurt as a result of a truck crash in Chicago, IL.
- According to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), 14% of people involved in Illinois truck accidents are injured.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) concluded that approximately 87% of truck crashes are due to truck drivers negligence.
- Defective equipment on trucks accounts for about 10% of large commercial vehicle accidents.
Begin the Legal Process Today. Our Chicago Trucking Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Help You.We invite you to connect with our office today for a free case evaluation with an experienced Chicago truck accidents attorney.
One of our attorneys is available to discuss the prospects of your case and can guide you on a way forward.
All our law practice areas involving accident and fatality cases involving large commercial vehicles are handled on a contingency fee basis, where we only receive a fee for our work from a client when we are successful in obtaining a settlement or verdict on your behalf.
- Alcohol & Drug Impaired Truck Drivers
- Black Box Evidence in Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Blind Spot Truck Accidents
- Brake Failure Truck Accidents
- Truck Cargo Accident
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Truck Company Safety Ratings
- Delivery Truck Accidents
- Driver Fatigue Truck Accidents
- Falling Cargo Truck Accidents
- Federal Safety Regulations for Trucks
- Garbage Truck Accidents
- Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) Spill Truck Accidents
- Head On Truck Accidents
- Hitch Failure Truck Accidents
- Poorly Trained Truck Driver Accidents
- Truck Driver Accidents & Injury Claims
- Interstate Truck Accidents
- Jackknife Truck Accidents
- Loading Dock Truck Accident
- Amazon Delivery Vehicle Truck Accident
- Moving Truck Accidents
- Overweight Truck Accident
- Poor Weather Truck Accidents
- Poorly Maintained Truck Accident Claims
- Rear-End Truck Accident
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Accident
- Rental Truck Accident
- Truck Accidents Involving Pedestrians & Cyclists
- Speeding Truck Accident
- Statistics on Truck Safety / Collisions
- Stopping Distance for Trucks
- T-Bone / Intersection Truck Accident
- Trailer Disconnect Truck Accident
- Truck Accident Settlements (Case Values)
- Truck Accident Injury FAQ’s
- Insurance Claims With Trucking Companies
- Road Construction Zone Truck Accident
- Truck and Trailer Recall Injuries
- Truck Backing Accidents
- Truck Passenger Injury Accidents
- Rollover Truck Accident
- Truck Tire Blowout Accident
- Underride Truck Accidents
- Back & Neck Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents
- Broken Bone (Fracture) Sustained in Truck Accidents
- Brain Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents
- Joint Injury and Dislocations Sustained in Truck Accidents
- Paralysis Truck Accident Settlement
- Fatal Truck Accident Settlements
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Truck Crashes
- Wide-Turn Truck Accidents
- Dump Truck Accident Attorneys: Chicago, Illinois
- Cement Truck Accident Lawyer: Chicago, Illinois
- Chicago, IL Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer
- Logging Truck Accident Lawyer
- Box Truck Accident Lawyer: Chicago, Illinois
- Tow Truck Accident Attorney: Chicago, Illinois