Touchette Regional Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Touchette Regional Hospital is a 137-certified-bed ‘for profit’ Hospital providing services to residents of Centreville and St. Clair County, Illinois. The Facility is located at:
5900 Bond Avenue
Centreville, IL 62207
In addition to providing emergency medical care to the local community, Touchette Regional Hospital offers other valuable services that include:
- Behavioral health
- Surgical services
- intensive care unit
- Home health care
Analytics MD provides a comparative analysis of this facility to other U.S. hospitals and medical centers. Currently, Touchette Regional Hospital maintains an overall “C-” score, ranking it in the 20th percentile. The ranking is calculated using publicly available information that includes staff responsiveness, emergency care, patient flow, admitted patient length of stay, quiet rooms, front-end initial assessment flow, overall patient satisfaction and reported complications. A low to medium score might indicate a high percentage of medical mistakes and errors that occur at the hospital.
The level of emergent and critical care provided by the hospital’s emergency department is crucial to the local community. Data accumulated by Analytics MD and distributed as percentile rankings helps patients determine the level of care the emergency room at Touchette Regional Hospital provides. Currently, the percentile rankings include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (4th percentile) – This extremely low ranking measures the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated after arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (39th percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency of how less sick patients will receive care and treatment before being discharged from the ER.
- Admitted Patient Flow (6th percentile) – This extremely low ranking measures the inefficiency of how sicker patients received treatment and care before being admitted to the facility from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (7th percentile) – This extremely low ranking measures the level of frustration that patients experience when leaving the emergency department after receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (20th percentile) – This extremely low ranking measures the overall patient experience in every department in the facility.
Touchette Regional Hospital currently holds one state designation:
- Perinatal II – As a level II perinatal facility, the hospital is part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System the develop the program to improve perinatal outcomes of childbearing women and their fetuses/newborns. While the facility does not have a neonatal intensive care nursery or special care unit, they do provide additional services and access to other facilities for mothers and newborns who are at risk for medical complications.
The program is facilitated by specially trained medical professionals operating under a specific coordinated program combining medical, nursery and ancillary services at all stages of pregnancy including labor and delivery to ensure that the mother has the best care for any potential risks.
A certain portion of all patients who are discharged from the hospital will return to the facility due to an unexpected complication or the inability to make an easy transition into a nursing facility or their home. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors this information collected by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) which is posted on their website Hospital Compare. This data can be used to determine whether the facility is doing their best in providing the highest level of care.
Between 07/01/2012 at 06/30/2015, the readmission rates involving Touchette Regional Hospital included:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Required Readmission into the Hospital within 30 Days after Their Discharge – 17.5 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 17.56 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Required Readmission to the Facility within 30 Days after Their Discharge – 22.7 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 22.09 percent.
Inpatient Mortality Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors inpatient mortality rates to determine if better processes when providing care have the potential of reducing short-term mortality rates. This data is collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and distributed through report card and risk adjustment methodologies. The inpatient quality indicators for 2015 involving Touchette Regional Hospital include:
- Congestive Heart Failure Patient Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – 36.11 per 1000 or 1 death out of 86 patients, which is nearly double the Illinois state average of 20.74 per 1000. However, the IDPH determined that this rate was not “statistically significantly better or worse than the state average.”
- Pneumonia Patient Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – 134.79 per 1000 or 2 deaths out of 60 patients, which is more than five times Illinois state average of 23.48 per 1000 patients. The IDPH determined that this rate was “statistically significantly worse than the state average.
Centreville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one died prematurely or was harmed by medical malpractice while a patient at Touchette Regional Hospital, it is crucial to contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC immediately. Our Centreville attorneys have years of experience of successfully resolving recompense claims to ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve. Let our attorneys file your case in the appropriate St. Clair County Court at:
10 Public Square
Belleville, Illinois 62220
Circuit Court Clerk Kahalah A. Clay
Schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive financial claim review today by calling our St. Clair County medical malpractice law offices at (888) 424-5757. We accept every wrongful death lawsuit a recompense claim with contingency fee agreements.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.