Located south of Chicago, the fast-growing village of Tinley Park straddles both Will and Cook counties. In 2009, BusinessWeek named the community “the best” place for raising a family in America.
This large community with a landmass of just over 16 square miles has a population of nearly 60,000 people. Residents in the community enjoy the newly renovated historic district downtown, and the Tinley Park Rock Island railroad station.
Its close proximity to the Metropolitan area of Chicago has made it highly susceptible to a variety of personal injury cases, were victims of suffered serious injuries caused by the neglectful actions of others. This includes vehicle accidents, medical malpractice cases, work-related injuries, construction accidents, wrongful death claims and childbirth injuries.
The Tinley Park personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC provide legal services to residents and visitors of Tinley Park, Illinois involved in an on-the-job injury or serious accident. If you or your loved one suffered injury in an accident or at work, our law firm encourages you to schedule an appointment for a free initial case review to discuss your legal options and rights. We accept every wrongful death lawsuit and personal injury claim for compensation through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones your need to pay for our legal services until we have successfully resolved your case in a negotiated settlement or jury trial. Our legal team offers every client a “No Win/No-Fee” guarantee. This promise ensures you owe us nothing if we are unable to obtain compensation to recover your damages.
Types of Birth Injuries Associated With Negligence of Doctor or Hospital
Often times, newborns suffer injuries at birth caused by improper medical care or medical negligence during the time of their delivery. In many incidences, newborns will sustain a variety of injuries at different levels of severity. Typically, these types of injuries are a direct result of negligence or malpractice by the medical staff that could include physicians, nurses, hospitals and a medical facility. Because of that, it is essential to hire a skilled team of experienced Tinley Park personal injury attorneys to handle the case.
Personal injury attorneys that specialize in birth injury often file a lawsuit on numerous types of medical malpractice injury cases including:
- Fractured bones
- Bruises and lacerations (from forceps)
- Brain swelling
- Brain damage
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Bleeding within the brain
- Facial paralysis
- Skull fracture
- Erb’s palsy (bronchial plexus palsy)
- Cerebral palsy
- Caput succedaneum (scalp swelling)
Proving the Case Against The Responsible Parties
It is always the responsibility of the victim or the victim’s family to prove the case for financial recompense. Because of that, a team of skilled Tinley Park personal injury lawyers will build a solid claim by proving cause.
In many incidences, newborns suffer physical injuries during birth. Numerous factors, including the size and position of the infant during the time of labor and delivery is known to cause significant birth trauma. Various conditions are often associated with the mother and child experiencing a challenging birth. These include:
- Premature Infant – All infants delivered before 37 weeks are a premature baby. Typically, their bodies are extremely fragile and highly susceptible to numerous injuries during the birthing process.
- Large Baby – Typically, newborns weighing over 8 pounds 13 ounces have an increased potential of suffering significant injuries during delivery.
- Dystocia – This unfortunate common medical condition usually involves numerous challenging birthing scenarios during delivery or when the mother is in labor.
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion – The mother’s pelvis can often be a challenging size or shape, increasing risk factors when birthing a baby vaginally.
- Prolonged Labor – Any type of labor that takes too long can cause significant risk to both the mother and the baby. Often times, the delivery doctors wait too long to decide whether to perform a cesarean section, resulting in serious injuries to the infant.
- Abnormal Birth – A breech delivery of a newborn is often considered an abnormal birth, and increases potential risk of injuries.
Cerebral Palsy Cases Require a Law Firm With Experience
Cerebral palsy continues to be one of the more common birth injuries, resulting in personal injury cases. This is because the medical condition usually includes numerous neurological disorders, hindering the baby’s ability to move or use muscle coordination. Usually, cerebral palsy is non-progressive, but can be extremely challenging to diagnose even years after delivery.Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC Can Handle Your Birth Injury Claim
Handling birth injury medical malpractice cases can be extremely complex and require the skills of experienced Tinley Park personal injury lawyers. The team of attorneys can develop a strong claim against every responsible party and achieve a high level of financial recompense for the newborn and the mother.
For information on cities in and around Tinley Park, please look at the pages below: