Thorek Memorial Hospital is a “not for profit” 218-certified bed acute care facility providing cares and services to the residents and visitors of Chicago's north side. The facility is located in Cook County, Illinois at:
850 W Irving Park Rd.
Chicago IL 60613
Thirty-nine of the 218 beds are used for adult inpatient mental health care, 30 beds are for inpatient medical detoxification, and 11 beds are in the intensive care unit (ICU).
The hospital provides inpatient and outpatient care in various services and specialties that include:
- Cancer care
- Diabetes care
- Vascular cardiology care
- Cardiac services
- Emergency services
- Intensive care
- Primary care
- Rehabilitation services
- Neurological service
- Wound care
- Sports medicine care
- Orthopedic care
- Inpatient medical detoxification
- Nutritional care
- Ambulatory care
- Adult medical healthcare
Illinois State Designations
Thorek Memorial Hospital does not currently maintain any Illinois State designations.
Patient Safety Concerns
According to data maintained by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and other agencies, Thorek Memorial Hospital reported the medical errors listed below, which may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (when one 2016 to December 31, 2016) with one reported infections for 335 central-line days.
Patient Health Issues
- Risk-adjusted Postoperative lung embolism or deep vein thrombosis (DVT clotting) (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 403 patients
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 402 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 3 out of 118 patients.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of MRSA (January 1, 2016, to December 31, 2016) – One patient suffered from Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infection occurring over 12,104 patient days.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI (January 1, 2016, to December 31, 2016) – Six patient suffered Clostridium difficile infections occurring over 12,104 patient days. This statistic is calculated at a standardized infection ratio of 0.71%.
- 18.4% of all patients treated for pneumonia were readmitted to the facility within 30 days after their departure between July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2016. The statistic is slightly higher than the national average (16.9%) an Illinois State average (17.37%).
- 22.2% of all patients treated for heart failure were readmitted to the hospital within 30 days after their discharge between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This statistic is slightly higher Illinois State average (21.78%).
- 14.4% of all patients treated for pneumonia died within 30 days between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This statistic is slightly lower than the national average (15.9%) and the Illinois State average (15.98%).
- 11.3% of all patients treated for heart failure died within 30 days at the facility between July 1, 2013, at June 30, 2016. This statistic this slightly lower than the national average (11.9%) and the Illinois State average (11.67%).
Chicago, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serving Individuals and Families Injured at Thorek Hospital
If you or your loved one suffered serious harm after being a patient at Thorek Memorial Hospital, your injuries and damages might be caused by medical negligence of the doctors, nurses and the facility. The medical malpractice attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have extensive expertise protecting our clients from mistakes occurring in all medical environments.
Contact our attorneys today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our attorneys accept all wrongful death lawsuit, personal injury cases, and medical malpractice claims through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement postpones all your payments for legal services until we have successfully resolved your case through a negotiated out-of-court settlement or won your lawsuit in a jury trial. All consultations are free and confidential.