Why Nursing Homes May Go into Fact Gathering Mode Following an Incident at Their Facility
After an incident involving a patient injury, nursing homes will regularly contact families and ask for additional information about a loved ones medical condition under the guise of trying to get some information about their physical condition.
In some situations, the facility may be attempting to obtain information about loved ones medical condition for the purpose of shifting the blame away from themselves to the patient themselves.
Especially if the injury is severe, where a facility may be anticipating some type of litigation, it may be in your best interest to refrain from providing additional information about your loved one's condition or medical history.
Unfortunately, episodes of poor care and patient injury have become so common at some nursing homes that staff may have met with attorneys who defend the facility in lawsuits brought against them and this is a tactic suggested to help defend the facility.
Getting Legal Help After a Loved One is injured at a Nursing Home
Anytime a patient is unexpectedly injured at a nursing home should be cause for concern. Regardless of an explanation provided by staff, you should trust your intuition when it comes to your loved ones health and wellbeing. Getting hurt or developing medical complications, as a patient in a nursing home should not happen.
The attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have experience prosecuting Illinois nursing home negligence cases involving patient injury and death. If you have concerns about a loved one, we invite you to contact our office for a free review of your circumstance and legal options for moving forward.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Get Medical Records From the Illinois Nursing Home Where My Mother Was Injured?
- How Long do Chicago Nursing Home Injury Lawsuits Take to Settle or go to Trial?
- How to Select The Best Nursing Home For Your Loved One?
- What Agency Regulates The Nursing Homes to Ensure They Are Providing a Safe Environment?
- What Are Signs of Poor Care in a Nursing Home?
- What Is The Average Payout on an Illinois Nursing Home Injury Case?
- What Rights Does The Federal Government Guarantee For Nursing Home Residents?