Truck T-Bone Truck Accident Attorneys
The Chicago trucking injury attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are surprised at the lack of training or oversight in the transportation industry when considering how deadly trucks can be. T-bone truck crashes are often the result of underqualified or overworked drivers making critical errors at intersections or completely ignoring traffic or work laws that are supposed to protect the rest of us who occupy the roads. It is our solemn mission always to seek the maximum amount of compensation allowed by Illinois law on behalf of the victims of these accidents to send a message to the trucking industry that this type of behavior is intolerable.
Critical Questions Following a Side Impact Truck Accident
Whenever a truck driver is involved in a T-bone collision, there are significant questions that need to be asked which drive any investigation into the matter. Answering these questions can help determine who was at fault for the accident and lay the foundation for your case when you have been injured or lost a loved one.
- What effort did the driver make to avoid the accident? This question can be answered through witness testimony and an analysis of the scene of the crash. Tire marks, debris and an evaluation of where the truck impacted with your vehicle or other obstacles can help determine whether the truck was accelerating or decelerating at the time of impact.
- Does the driver have a record of past violations or incidents? Trucking companies are responsible for holding their drivers accountable and checking their prior histories before bringing them onboard. If the driver has a history of reckless behavior or violating the law, the employer can be held accountable as well.
- Was poor maintenance a factor in the accident? One way that companies cut corners is to skimp on inspections and repairs, so gaining access to the maintenance records of the truck can reveal whether it was maintained correctly before the incident.
- Can a product liability claim be filed due to defective equipment? Manufacturers that sell defective or poorly designed tires, brakes, and other critical equipment can be held liable if the components failed to perform as it was designed.
- What was the state of the driver at the time of the accident? Reviewing work logs and investigating whether those logs were forged can reveal whether fatigue was a factor in the incident. Additionally, it is crucial to demand drug testing to determine if the driver was under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the accident.
Our Chicago truck crash attorneys often find that fatigue, poor maintenance history, and driver inexperience are usually factors in truck accidents. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide proper training and to make sure that all drivers are compliant with the law regarding hours of service and that they abide by all applicable traffic laws.
Right of Way Cited in Many Intersection Truck Crash Accidents
The most common cause of T-bone trucking collisions seems to be the failure of the driver to yield the right of way to other traffic, due to distraction, fatigue or some other contributing factor. Most of these collisions occur when a truck runs a red light or stop sign or does not slow down at an uncontrolled intersection. Speeding is another contributing factor, as drivers may attempt to make it through a yellow light or to beat another vehicle to the crossing. This form of recklessness should never be tolerated from someone who is trusted with the operation of such a dangerous form of machinery.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has represented the victims of thousands of auto and truck accidents and their families following devastating accidents and our dedication and successful recovery of compensation on behalf of our clients has made us an award-winning and trusted firm throughout all of Illinois. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a T-bone trucking accident, we can assist you in receiving the medical care you need, dealing with insurance companies and seeking compensation from the party who wronged you by filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
Contact us today to arrange a risk-free case evaluation with one of our Chicago trucking accident attorneys, and we will gather all of the information needed to conduct an investigation into your accident that will allow us to build your case. We can also discuss your legal options and help you understand the legal process so that you know what to expect. At no point during the process will you be required to provide an attorney’s fee until we have been able to secure damages on your behalf, so you can rest assured that unless we win or settle your case, you will not owe us a thing.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.