Chicago T-Bone Truck Accident Attorneys
The Chicago experienced truck accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are surprised at the lack of training or oversight in the transportation and commercial truck industry when considering how deadly trucks can be due to their sheer size. T-bone truck crashes and the fatal injuries they cause are often the result of underqualified or overworked drivers making critical errors at intersections or completely ignoring traffic or work laws that are supposed to protect the rest of us who occupy the roads (per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
It is the solemn mission of our experienced truck accident attorneys to always seek the maximum amount of compensation from the responsible parties allowed by Illinois law on behalf of the victims of these accidents to send a message to the trucking industry that this type of behavior is intolerable. If a large commercial truck went through a traffic signal or traffic lane and slammed into the side of another vehicle or yours, contact our experienced attorneys today for trusted legal counsel.
Critical Questions Following a Chicago Side Impact Truck Accident
Whenever a truck driver or commercial vehicle operator slams into the side of another passenger vehicle, there are significant questions that need to be asked which drive any investigation into the matter. Answering these questions with a truck accident attorney can help determine who was at fault for the side-impact collision and lay the foundation for your case when you have been injured or lost a loved one.
- What effort did the motorists make to make a complete stop and avoid the accident? This question can be answered through witness testimony and an analysis of the scene of the crash. Tire marks, debris traffic lights, and an evaluation of where the truck impacted with your vehicle or other obstacles can help determine whether the truck was accelerating or decelerating at the time of impact.
- Does the driver have a record of past violations or incidents? Trucking companies are responsible for holding their drivers accountable and checking their prior histories before bringing them onboard. If the driver has a history of reckless behavior or violating the law, the employer can be held accountable as well.
- Was poor maintenance or poor visibility a factor in the accident? One way that companies cut corners is to skimp on inspections and repairs, so gaining access to the maintenance records of the truck can reveal whether it was maintained correctly before the incident.
- Can a product liability claim be filed due to defective equipment? Manufacturers that sell defective or poorly designed tires, brakes, and other critical equipment can be held liable if the components failed to perform as it was designed.
- What was the state of the driver at the time of the accident? Reviewing work logs and investigating whether those logs were forged can reveal whether fatigue was a factor in the incident. Additionally, it is crucial to demand drug testing to determine if the driver was under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the accident.
Right of Way Cited in Many Intersection Truck Crash Accidents across Chicago
The most common type of accident in T-bone trucking collisions seems to be the failure of the driver to yield the right of way to other traffic (in a parking lot, street, etc.), due to distraction, fatigue or some other contributing factor. Most of these collisions occur when a truck runs a red light or stop sign or does not slow down at an uncontrolled intersection.
Speeding is another contributing factor, as drivers may attempt to make it through a yellow light or to beat another vehicle to the crossing. This form of recklessness should never be tolerated from someone who is trusted with the operation of such a dangerous form of machinery.
T-Bone Accident Severe Injuries and Harms
The enormous crush of a T-bone collision with a large truck will likely have several consequences on your life including the following:
First, you may experience sudden serious injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, soft-tissue complications, and other harm.
Second, you could encounter large upfront financial losses such as medical expenses and other out-of-pocket losses like lost income from being away from work.
Third, you likely may find long-term detrimental effects from the accident that intangibly and negatively affect you like pain, scarring, disability, lost enjoyment of life, inability to take part in recreational activities, and so on.
Fourth, the side impact crash may take the life of one of your loved ones and that could leave gap in your life due to the lost support, companionship, and affection.
Of course, all of these physical injuries and even minor injuries are recoverable in Chicago court through a personal injury lawsuit. However, having a helpful truck accident law firm by your side through the process can make sure you do not squander that opportunity.
Important Facts about T-Bone Accidents in Chicago
- Almost 10,000 people die annually in T-bone accidents.
- Around one in five motor vehicle deaths involve T-bone crashes.
- A little more than ten percent of automobile accident cases are T-bone collisions.
- Most common causes of T-bone incidents include failure to yield and distraction.
Committed and Helpful Truck Accident Crash Lawyers in Chicago
Our Chicago truck crash attorneys often find that fatigue, poor maintenance history, and driver inexperience are usually factors in truck accidents. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide proper training and to make sure that all drivers are compliant with the law regarding hours of service and that they abide by all applicable traffic laws.
If you are involved in a T-bone accident with a truck in Chicago, you should take the following steps with qualified legal advocates to ensure you do not destroy your ability to recover financial compensation:
- Obtain the contact information of all people and companies involved in the incident
- Take statements from all relevant witnesses
- Engage the insurance company in benefits negotiations
- File a comprehensive complaint in court before the deadline expires
- File your appearance in court to put the pressure on the other side.
Relief and Financial Compensation Available after a Side Impact Truck Accident
It is important to analyze the value of a personal injury lawsuit in Chicago because they may take up time and resources. The value of each claim is independent of all others and stems completely from the plaintiff's personal injuries and devastation.
However, most plaintiffs in these large truck crashes make similar pleas for financial compensation. First, they ask the court for damages for their expenses. Second, they ask the court for damages for the negative effect of the incident including suffering and reduced quality of life.
As mentioned above, good legal advocates can add further shade and meaning to these pleas for relief and that may mean more recovery and compensation for you. To learn about what you could obtain in a Chicago truck accident lawsuit, schedule a consultation with us.
Chicago Truck Accident Law Firm and Personal Injury Attorneys
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has represented the victims of thousands of auto and truck accidents and their families following devastating accidents and our dedication and successful recovery of compensation on behalf of our clients have made us an award-winning and trusted firm throughout all of Illinois.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a T-bone trucking accident, our legal counsel can assist you in receiving the medical care you need, dealing with insurance companies and seeking compensation from the party who wronged you by filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
Contact us today to arrange a risk-free case evaluation with one of our Chicago trucking accident attorneys, and we will gather all of the information needed to conduct an investigation into your accident that will allow us to build your case. We can also discuss your legal options and help you understand the legal process so that you know what to expect.
At no point during the process will you be required to provide an attorney's fee until we have been able to secure damages on your behalf, so you can rest assured that unless we win or settle your case, our legal advice will not cost you a thing.