Located in DeKalb County, Sycamore, Illinois is a thriving commercial district along Illinois Route 64. With nearly 10 square miles of landmass, and a population of more than 18,000, the community is located just southeast of the town of Rockford, and 50 miles west of Chicago.
Residents in the community enjoy the Midwest Museum of Natural History, a movie theater and shopping center. The county courthouse of DeKalb County is also located in the city. Many personal injury cases are heard in the courthouse, involving medical malpractice claims, and cases involving financial recompense for vehicle accidents, childbirth injuries, wrongful death and others.
The Sycamore personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent residents and visitors of Sycamore, Illinois who were injured at work or in an accident. If your loved one was injured at work or in an accident, we encourage you to schedule an appointment to discuss your legal options and rights during a free, initial case review. Our law firm accepts every lawsuit and compensation claim through a contingency fee arrangement. This agreement postpones payment of our legal services until after our attorneys have successfully resolved your case through a negotiated out-of-court settlement or jury trial award. We offer every client a “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee that will ensure you will owe us nothing if we are unable to obtain compensation on your family’s behalf. You have nothing to lose and compensation to gain. Contact us today.
Hiring a Sycamore Personal Injury Attorney
Unfortunately, young children are often the victim of injury due to a playground incident, car accident, bicycle injury, medical malpractice or other cause. When a child suffers a significant injury, the entire family often faces financial challenges and ongoing medical issues. Usually, a child injury case is extremely complex, where Illinois tort law needs to be handled properly to achieve a successful result. Because of that, it is best to seek out the skills of an experienced Sycamore personal injury attorney that handles child injury cases.
An experienced attorney can provide the best legal counsel and handle every aspect of the case. This allows the family to receive enough recompense to overcome their financial challenges and expenses. The financial recompense is usually enough to cover:
- All ongoing medical treatments
- Current living expenses
- Future procedures, physical therapy, rehabilitation and other medical treatments
- Compensation for pain and suffering
A skilled Sycamore personal injury attorney works for the parents and their ability to find financial recompense, and for the child, to ensure that their rights are being protected. The services the lawyer provides will include gathering evidence, taking witness statements, and ensuring that the child is receiving properly monitored medical care.
A Medical Malpractice Case
In some situations, the future of the child is greatly compromised after suffering a birth injury to the neglectful actions of a medical doctor or other health care provider. Often times, these types of injuries are not fully recognized until years later. However, when symptoms and disabilities are detected, and directly related to the childbirth injury, an experienced Sycamore personal injury lawyer can ensure that the family receives enough financial compensation to provide adequate care for the child through their lifetime.
Some of the more common birth injuries caused by neglectful actions of medical staff or the hospital facility includes:
- The Improper Use of Forceps – Often times, the delivering doctor will use forceps improperly, when the newborn is challenged during delivery. Often times, the misuse of forceps increases the risks of oxygen deprivation or fetal distress, and can cause serious nerve damage to the neck and chest of the child, or a serious head injury.
- The Improper Use of Vacuums – Often times the delivering doctor will use the vacuum improperly, causing significant severe injuries to the mother and the newborn. Many times, there are significant injury to the child’s shoulders or skull.
- Delaying Cesarean Section – In many incidences, the mother must have a cesarean section to save the life or health of the child. When doctors fail to recognize that a cesarean section is necessary, or wait too long, the blood pressure of the mother can drop, and cause significant problems to the baby.
Serious injuries to a child can happen in numerous ways. However, when the child is suffering injury caused by another’s negligence, it is essential to hire a skilled Sycamore personal injury lawyer for the case. This ensures the child receives adequate compensation for the mental and physical challenges they are facing now and possibly in the future.
For information on cities in and around Sycamore, please look at the pages below: