The village of Streamwood, Illinois, resides in Cook County, in the tri-village area connecting to Hanover Park and Bartlett. First incorporated in 1957, the community has a landmass of just under eight square miles in a population of nearly 40,000 residents.
The community is recognized for its many recreation centers and popular park district. Residents also enjoy Dolphin Park, the Steamwood Heritage Museum, volleyball courts, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, and soccer fields. However, its close proximity to the Chicago Metropolitan area and busy roadways has shown a marked increase of vehicle accidents involving whiplash. As a result, many in the community have hired Streamwood personal injury lawyers to file claims and lawsuits for financial compensation.
Hiring Streamwood Personal Injury Lawyers
Whiplash is a non-medical term that categorizes numerous types of neck injuries when there is a sudden distortion in neck vertebrae. This type of incident often causes significant medical conditions. It typically happens during a rear impact in a vehicle accident where the victim’s body and head is thrust forward before quickly moving backwards. The damage it causes is significant, but often takes days for symptoms to arise. Even so, when a victim is suffering from whiplash, it is essential to hire experienced Streamwood personal injury attorneys to handle the claim.
The Cause of Whiplash
Neck injuries involving whiplash are nearly always associated with the rear end car or truck accident. However, various other kinds of impacts can cause severe medical conditions involving neck vertebrae. These include:
- A vehicular accident that does not involve a rear end impact
- Many types of contact sports including football, hockey and soccer
- Skiing and snowboarding accidents
- Serious assaults that produce head trauma
- Child abuse (most notably “shaken baby syndrome”)
- A slip and fall incident at retail stores, on sidewalks and at home
Proving An Injury Case To An Insurance Claims Adjuster
Proving the claim for financial recompense by providing adequate evidence to a claims adjuster and/or opposing counsel in a lawsuit can be extremely challenging. Many times, a skilled team of Streamwood personal injury lawyers will gather evidence from medical records and the accident scene. Often times, medical records will detail the proof in a variety of ways that could include:
- The patient suffers blurry vision and extensive headaches
- The patient has unusual sensations in the hands and feet
- The patient has dizziness, fatigue, and a challenge mental state
- The patient suffers severe sleep disturbance and a diminished range of motion
- The patient suffers from severe pain and stiffness in the neck
By proving a whiplash case, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can usually obtain adequate compensation through the responsible party’s insurance carrier. This is important because many times whiplash victims suffer severe symptoms to the point where they are unable to work, causing lost wages in the past and diminished future earnings. In addition, they may have ongoing medical expenses, and the need for future rehabilitation and physical therapy sessions.
The laws involving personal injury cases are extremely complex in Illinois. Whiplash cases are especially challenging, when proving that there is more damage than just the devastating force of forward and backward impact. However, skilled attorneys that specialize in whiplash cases can properly evaluate the evidence, and calculate the exact worth of the claim. By providing enough detailed information to the claims adjuster, most cases using a skilled personal injury attorney are settled out of court.
Anytime anyone has suffered serious whiplash through a vehicle accident that was not their fault, it is essential to hire the skills of a competent personal injury attorney. This is the easiest way to ensure adequate financial recompense for the pain and suffering the victim has endured.
For information on cities in and around Streamwood, please look at the pages below:
- Bartlett Accident Attorneys
- Bloomingdale Accident Attorneys
- Carpentersville Accident Attorneys
- Carol Stream Accident Attorneys
- Elgin Accident Attorneys
- Glendale Heights Accident Attorneys
- Hanover Park Accident Attorneys
- Hoffman Estates Accident Attorneys
- Palatine Accident Attorneys
- Rolling Meadows Accident Attorneys
- Roselle Accident Attorneys
- Schaumburg Accident Attorneys
- South Elgin Accident Attorneys
- West Chicago Accident Attorneys