St. Joseph Memorial Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
St. Joseph Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed “not for profit” facility providing cares and services to residents of Murphysboro and Jackson County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
2 South Hospital Drive
Murphysboro, IL 62966
As a part of the Southern Illinois Healthcare System, the facility provides the community a variety of services that include:
- Birthing center
- Cancer care
- Supportive care
- Laboratory services
- Infusion therapy
- Vascular heart care
- Emergency medicine
- Breast center
- Pediatric care
- Stroke care
- Surgical services
- Wound healing
- Weight loss surgery
When comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers nationwide, St. Joseph Memorial Hospital maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 70th percentile. The ratings are calculated using publicly available information that includes nurse/patient communication, patient satisfaction, staff responsiveness, emergency room length of stay, patient flow and reported complications.
Like all hospitals in the United States, the emergency department at St. Joseph Memorial Hospital in Murphysboro is crucial to the local community. Analytics MD collects information on nationwide emergency rooms detailing ranking percentiles that can be used to determine the level of care every hospital provides. The current emergency room percentile rankings for St. Joseph Memorial Hospital includes:
- Incoming Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This ranking reveals the efficiency of the nursing staff in seeing and evaluating patients arriving in the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (15th percentile) – This low ranking is indicative of how the medical team provides efficient treatment to sicker patients who require admittance into the facility from the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This ranking indicates how the medical staff treats less sick patients who will be discharged from the emergency room after treatment.
- Frustrated Patients (50th percentile) – This ranking reveals the level of frustration patients feel when leaving the emergency room after receiving treatment.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (93rd percentile) – This ranking reveals the overall patient experience at the hospital who received care through various departments.
Illinois State Designations
St. Joseph Memorial Hospital maintains one specific state designation that includes:
- Standby Emergency Department for Pediatrics (SEDP)
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors facility-acquired onset incident rates involving highly contagious Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infections (CDI) rates. This information is gathered from laboratory test results obtained from patients who have stated the facility for at least four days. The resulting information helps determine whether the infection rate is significantly higher or lower than the national average.
For the year 2015, the bloodstream infection rate at St. Joseph Memorial Hospital involved:
- Clostridium Difficile Infections Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 6 infection cases out of 4405 patient days. The IDPH determined the rate was “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 0 infection cases out of 4405 patient days.
Readmission and Inpatient Mortality Rates
Illinois hospital regulatory agencies review the Readmission rates, 30-day mortality rate, and inpatient mortality rates to determine the level of care the facility provides. Every hospital will deal with patients that require readmission to the facility due to a developing complication after their discharge, or some medical condition obstacle that determines they can no longer stay in the nursing home or the family’s home.
In addition, a certain number of patients will die within 30 days after being admitted to the facility because of a worsening of their condition, medical malpractice error or substandard nursing care. Our attorneys have reviewed these percentages and rates involving readmission and mortality for St. Joseph Memorial Hospital between 07/01/2012 at 06/30/2015 that revealed:
- Pneumonia Patients Needing to Be Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days after Departure – 18 percent, which is statistically identical with the Illinois state average a 17.56 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Needing to Be Readmitted to the Facility within 30 days – 22 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 22.09 percent.
- Pneumonia Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Facility – 15.4 percent, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 16.32 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Hospital – 11.3 percent, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 11.83 percent.
- Congestive Heart Failure Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate (for 2015) – 23.99 per 1000 patients or one incident out of 40 patients. This risk-adjusted number is slightly higher than the Illinois state average of 20.74 per 1000 patients.
Murphysboro Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one suffered harm from medical malpractice while a patient at St. Joseph Memorial Hospital, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC now. Our Murphysboro personal injury law firm can provide numerous options while working on your behalf to hold those responsible financially accountable for causing your loved one harm. Our law firm can handle every aspect of the case including filing it in the appropriate court. The contact information for the Jackson County courthouse is:
P.O. Box 730
Murphysboro, Illinois 62966
Circuit Court Clerk Cindy Svanda
We urge you to contact our Jackson County medical malpractice law office today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive recompense claim evaluation. No upfront payments are required because our law firm accepts every wrongful death lawsuit and medical mistake compensation claim on contingency.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.