St Bernard Hospital Ratings & Violations
St Bernard Hospital is a 210-bed hospital located in Cook County, Illinois at:
326 W 64th Street
Chicago IL 60621
St. Bernard Hospital, located in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood, has provided cares and services to the local community for over 100 years. These services include:
- Behavioral Health Care
- Women's health
- Physical rehabilitation and medicine
- Outpatient care
- Pediatric mobile care
- Family medicine
- Chronic illness management care
- Nutritional counseling
- Urology care
- Podiatry care
- Nephrology care
- Acute and chronic condition care including diabetes, asthma, cancer and heart disease
Illinois State Designations
St. Bernard Hospital has the following designations:
- Perinatal II – The hospital received recognition from the Illinois Regional is Hernia system for improving perinatal outcomes as a Level II facility. The hospital provides care and services to pregnant mothers and newborns at risk for certain medical complications. However, the facility does not operate a neonatal intensive care unit or special care nursery.
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, St Bernard Hospital reported the following medical errors that may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (January 1, 2016, through December 31, 2016) with two reported infections for 1409 central-line days. This statistic equals a standardized infection ratio of 1.88%.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI between January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016 – 19 patients suffered from highly contagious Clostridium difficile infections, which equals a standardized infection ratio of 1.12%.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 44 patients
- 19.8% of all patients with pneumonia were readmitted to the facility within 30 days (July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2016) this statistic is significantly higher than the national average (16.9) and the Illinois State average (17.37%).
- 24.9% of all patients with heart failure were readmitted to the facility within 30 days after their discharge (July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2016). This statistic is slightly higher than the national average (21.69%) and the Illinois State average (21.78%).
- 15.2% of all patients treated for pneumonia died within 30 days after being discharged from the facility between July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2016. This statistic is about the same as the national average (15.9%) and the Illinois State average (15.98%).
- 9.7% of all patients treated for heart failure died within 30 days after being discharged from the hospital between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This statistic is slightly lower than the national average (11.9%) and the Illinois State average (11.67%).
- 14.2% of all patients treated for a heart attack died within 30 days after being discharged from the facility between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This statistic is slightly higher than the national average (13.6%) and the Illinois State average (13.32%).
Maternal Safety and Utilization
- Birth Trauma (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 823 patients at St. Bernard Hospital.
Chicago, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suffered serious harm while you were a patient at St. Bernard Hospital, your damages might be the result of medical negligence by the staff, hospital or other medical professionals. The Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers remain committed to protecting our clients from mistakes that occur in a medical setting. Contact our attorneys today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a free initial, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our attorneys accept wrongful death lawsuits, medical malpractice claims, and personal injury cases through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement postpones all payment of legal services until we have successfully resolved your claim by winning the case at trial or negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf. All consultations are confidential.