SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital is a 134-bed “not for profit” facility providing services and cares for residents of Mount Vernon and Jefferson County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
605 N. 12th Street
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
In addition to providing emergency care to the local community, the hospital also offers other services that include:
- Breast care
- Behavioral health care
- Diabetes care
- Cancer care
- Vascular and heart care
- Palliative care
- Pain management
- Occupational medicine
- Sleep medicine
- Stroke care
- Primary care
- Wound care
- Women’s health
- Surgery services
- Weight management services
- Maternity services
In an analysis comparison involving all medical centers and hospitals throughout the U.S., SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 51st percentile. Rankings are calculated with publicly available information that includes overall patient satisfaction, nurse/patient communication, emergency department initial assessment flow, patient flow and reported complications. Low percentile scores are often indicative of serious medical errors that occur at the facility.
The cares and services provided by the emergency department at every hospital in Illinois are crucial to the local community. Analytics MD collects information involving the levels of care as determined by a ranking percentile of all medical centers and their emergency departments statewide. Currently, the percentile rankings for the emergency department at SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital in Mount Vernon Illinois involve:
- Incoming Patient Flow (16th percentile) – This low measure reveals the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated when admitted to the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (29th percentile) – This low measure reveals how efficiently the nursing staff treats patients who are less sick and do not require admittance to the facility.
- Admitted Patient Flow (54th percentile) – This measurement reveals the level of efficiency of how nursing and the medical staff treats sicker patients who require admittance to the hospital.
- Frustrated Patients (17 percentile) – This measurement reveals the level of frustration patients experience when leaving the emergency department after receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (78th percentile) – This measurement reveals the overall patient experience in every department in the hospital.
Illinois State Designations
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital maintains two specific state designations that include:
- Perinatal II – The hospital participates in the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System that was designed to potentially improve a childbearing woman’s perinatal outcome by providing a coordinated effort of medical, nursing and ancillary services for pregnant women with potential complications during labor and delivery.
- Standby Emergency Department for Pediatrics (SEDP) – The SEDP designation is recognized by the Emergency Medical Services for Children Program and the Illinois Department of Public Health. The hospital provides pediatric care by professionals trained in critical and emergency childcare. In addition, the facility makes available all the necessary pediatric supplies, medication and equipment and conducts pediatric quality improvement activities.
Patient Safety Concerns and Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) evaluates data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and measures the level of care and services hospitals statewide provide their patients. This includes facility-onset incident rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infections (CDI).
The current bloodstream infection rate and patient safety concerns for 2015 involving SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital were significantly worse than the national and state averages. They Include:
- Hospital-Acquired Onset Incident Rates Involving Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) – 44 infections incidents out of 29,998 patient days. The IDPH determined that this infection rate was statistically significantly worse than the national average.
- Accidental Laceration and Puncture Rate – 22.47 per 1000 or 11 incidents out of 65,090 patients. This risk-adjusted rate is significantly worse than the 1.45 per 1000 patient state average rate.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung Rate – 4.26 per 1000 or 2 incidents out of 6310 patients is significantly worse than the Illinois state average of 0.28 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – 25.56 per 1000 patients or 9 incidents out of 615 patients. This risk-adjusted rate is significantly worse (more than three times greater) than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
Mount Vernon Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe that your loved one was the victim of caregiver negligence or malpractice while a patient at SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital, call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. For years, our Mount Vernon personal injury attorneys have successfully resolved Illinois long-term care home medical malpractice cases. Our experience can ensure a positive outcome in your claim for compensation against those who caused your loved one harm.
Our attorneys will handle every aspect of the case including filing all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate courthouse. The contact information for the Jefferson County Courthouse is:
P.O. Box 1266
Mount Vernon, IL 62864
Circuit Court Clerk Randy Pollard Jr.
We urge you to contact our Jefferson County Medical Malpractice law office at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment today. Speak with one of our experienced malpractice lawyers to determine your legal options during a comprehensive, no-obligation case review at no charge to you. No upfront retainers or fees are required because we accept every medical mistake claim for compensation through contingency fee arrangements. All information you share with us regarding your case remains confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.