The Springfield slip and fall accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent the interests of those who were injured needlessly because of the reckless actions of their employers or negligent property owners. It is the responsibility of whoever owns the property to take what is considered to be reasonable and commonsense measures to protect the welfare of anyone who has been invited onto the property or has the right to be on the premises. If you have been injured, we will do whatever we need to to make sure you can recover the maximum amount of compensation the law will allow.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Accidents in Springfield
A slip and fall injury can occur anywhere, from outside your residence to inside your office or workplace. Our attorneys have assisted clients in recovering compensation due to injuries resulting from defective guardrails, poorly maintained staircases, slippery surfaces and more. Here are some of the more common causes of accidents we have seen.
- Poorly maintained sidewalks and parking lots— uneven pavement, potholes, and surfaces with other defects can quickly contribute to a slip or fall. It is the responsibility of property owners to take reasonable measures to make sure that these surfaces are safe to walk on.
- Defective elevators— defects in elevators can cause the doors to open at the wrong times, making it possible for victims to fall down the elevator shaft to their peril. Surviving such an ordeal would leave the victim changed forever, and the victim's death would leave his or her loved ones without a companion and contributor.
- Ice and snow— Illinois is known for its cold winters, and property owners need to make preparations to clear parking lots and sidewalks of ice and snow so that their guests can walk freely in and out of the building without fear of injury. Also, measures must be taken to address the moisture accumulation of floors inside the building due to the snow and ice tracked in by others.
- Dimly lit halls and staircases— lighting is often a contributing factor, as the lack of decent lighting can make it difficult for people to see objects in their path which may otherwise pose a tripping hazard.
- Defective or poorly maintained stairs— routine repairs and inspections are essential when maintaining a building. When staircases are allowed to degrade to the point that steps buckle under the weight of an occupant or obstacles cause victims to stumble when using them, the property owner needs to be held accountable.
- Workplace hazards— these types of injuries commonly occur on the job as well and are the leading cause of injuries that result in time taken off from work. If your employer did not provide adequate safety protection or acted negligently, you may be able to receive extra compensation on the grounds of negligence.
Springfield Slip and Fall Accidents Can Result in Many Different Types of Injury
Since there are a vast number of causes, slip and fall accidents may result in varios injuries ranging from minor bruises to death. Injuries that set you back physically and financially qualify you to file a lawsuit if the accident was the result of a property owner's negligence or employers' refusal to follow reasonable safety practices. Here are some of the types of injuries we have handled.
- Traumatic brain injuries— a traumatic brain injury is more difficult to detect in an initial evaluation because the symptoms remain dormant in many cases for weeks to months as fluid fills the tiny microtears in the brain that can result from a sudden blow to the head. In time, this can cause permanent brain damage and impact cognition, motor function, concentration, memory and the ability to understand and communicate with others.
- Broken bones— fractures are not uncommon when a victim falls from a considerable distance or lands on a rigid surface. They can vary in severity, but almost always force the victim to lose time from work while he or she recovers from the injury.
- Nerve damage— neural retinopathy is a condition that results from extensive damage to groups of nerves following trauma. It can cause pain, numbness, tingling, and loss of motor function to the affected area.
Put Our Springfield Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers to Work on Your Behalf
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to representing the needs of every person who has been injured because of another party's negligent behavior. It is for this reason we never require fees upfront and promise never to accept payment for our services unless we can recover compensation on your behalf. If you have been injured in a slip or fall accident, we can provide you with the best chance of successfully securing the damages you are entitled to receive.
Contact us today to learn more about how we have been able to help thousands of people just like you and how our knowledge and experience can help you. During your consultation with an award-winning Springfield slip and fall accident attorney, we will collect the information we need to investigate your claim and review your legal options with you so that you know what you can expect.
For additional information see the following pages: