The Springfield pedestrian accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers are leading prosecutors of claims on behalf of clients who have suffered devastating injuries after being struck by negligent or distracted drivers. It is extremely common for these accidents to cause long term or permanent physical impairment and for the victims to live with reminders of the incidents for the rest of their lives. We believe that the drivers need to be held fully accountable and made to provide the compensation victims and their families require for the payment of medical expenses, lost property, pain and suffering, lost wages and out of pocket expenses.
How We Prove Fault When Building Your Springfield Pedestrian Accident Claim
We understand that gathering evidence from the scene of an accident is not the first thing on your mind when you have been struck by a vehicle and are being rushed to the hospital. That is why we implement numerous strategies to collect the evidence required to prove that the driver was at fault for your accident. These methods include the following.
- Reviewing police reports to help direct our own investigation and to gather statements made by witnesses at the scene along with their contact information. We will then interview them at a later date to see we can learn anything new or if their recollection of events has changed in any way.
- Looking over video from traffic and security cameras to find evidence we can admit in court which will show what happened in real time. Most places where pedestrians are struck are near intersections, stores and businesses that have these cameras, making it easy to investigate the claims made by the driver, victim and witnesses.
- Using 911 call records to establish a course of events and to dispute any contradictory claims. These calls can be used to highlight what the witnesses were seeing and described as the events unfolded.
- Filing a subpoena for the driver’s phone records. This will allow us to establish whether or not the driver was actively texting or on the phone at the time of the collision. Texting and talking while driving are the cause of far too many pedestrian accidents and drivers who are doing so illegally need to be held accountable.
- Relying on an accident reconstruction team to recreate the accident. Our experts are able to come to informed conclusions about how fast the driver was going, whether he or she made any effort to avoid the accident and whether other factors contributed to the accident such as weather, the actions of other drivers and the victim’s actions.
- Creating a 3D model of the accident to present an effective visual representation of what happened to the jury if the case makes it to trial.
How We Leverage Insurance Coverage to Provide the Maximum Compensation for Your Pedestrian Accident
Insurance companies are the greatest source of compensation for auto accidents and the first place we will look when trying to recover damages on your behalf. We don’t merely need to look to the driver’s insurance, however, and there are plenty of options available on how to proceed. Here are some of the ways we will seek the damages you are owed.
- Negotiating with the driver’s insurance— this is often the first step, but not the only one. There are limits to the amount of money an insurance company may be forced to pay the victim and if the damages exceed these limits, we will need to look elsewhere to make up the difference.
- Using your own auto policy to cover gaps— by looking at your own insurance, we can see if you are covered for uninsured or underinsured motorists. This would allow you to file a claim against your policy to make up for any deficits in the amount of damages collected through other means.
- Filing a claim with your health insurance company— your health insurance should cover a large portion of the remaining compensation you are owed for your injuries and we can negotiate with all of the insurance companies involved to determine which company is responsible for what.
- Seeking the at fault driver’s assets— if all of the above is still not enough to cover all of your expenses, we may look at whether the driver has any assets we can claim as compensation.
Have Your Springfield Pedestrian Accident Claim Reviewed by a Lawyer for Free
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is here to help you recover the compensation you need to cover all of your losses and expenses. We would like to invite you to have your case reviewed for free by one of our proficient attorneys so that you know more about your rights and legal options before making your decision on how to proceed.
Contact us today to be connected with an award winning Springfield pedestrian accident attorney who can get to work right away on your behalf. You are guaranteed that you will never owe us a thing unless we secure compensation for you.