Sparta Community Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Sparta Community Hospital is a 25-certified-bed government owned and operated hospital providing services to residents of Sparta and Randolph County, Illinois. The Facility is located at:
818 East Broadway Street
Sparta, IL 62286
In addition to providing emergency services to the local community, Sparta Community Hospital provides other valuable services that include:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Sleep studies
- Occupational healthcare
- Pulmonary care
- Laboratory services
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation
- Social Services
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, Sparta Community Hospital maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 49th percentile. The calculated ranking was determined through publicly available information that includes patient flow, quite patient rooms, staff responsiveness, patient/physician communication, patient satisfaction, and reported complications. Lower scores might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice/mistakes and errors occurring at the facility.
Like every U.S. Medical Center, the emergent and urgent care provided by the emergency department at Sparta Community Hospital is crucial to the county’s residents. Analytics MD gathers data on emergency department services and releases the publicly available information as percentile rankings to be used as a comparison of hospitals nationwide. Currently, this facility’s percentile rankings involving the emergency department include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This measurement ranks the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated by the medical team after arriving at the ER.
- Discharged Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This measurement ranks the efficiency of how less sick patients are provided treatment by the medical team before being discharged from the ER.
- Admitted Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This measurement ranks the efficiency of how sicker patients receive treatment from the medical team before they are admitted to the hospital from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (50th percentile) – This measurement ranks the level of frustration that patients have when leaving the emergency department after receiving urgent or emergent care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (39th percentile) – This low measurement ranks the overall patient experience when receiving care from any department in the hospital.
Sparta Community Hospital currently holds one state designation that includes:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The EDAP designation by the state recognizes that the facility is a part of 100+ Illinois hospitals that provide essential resources to ensure that injured and seriously ill children receive much-needed critical emergency care. The facility ensures that all medical professionals have received special training in pediatric patient critical emergency care and makes available all the essential pediatric medications, supplies and equipment.
In addition, the hospital participates in the Illinois-Approved Emergency Medical System by providing the highest level of emergency department care to children around-the-clock. The facility ensures that adequate staffing is always on hand along with the necessary backup support and provisions for pediatric consultations.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors facility-acquired infection incident rates involving highly contagious Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). This data is accumulated through laboratory test results obtained from patients who have remained in the facility for more than three days. The public health department uses this information to determine if contagious bloodstream infection rates are statistically higher or lower than the national average.
The bloodstream infection rates involving MRSA and CDI at Sparta Community Hospital during 2015 include:
- CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infection) Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 2572 patient days.
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 2572 patient days.
The IDPH determine that the infection rates listed above were not “statistically significantly worse or better than the national average.”
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors data accumulated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Hospital Compare website involving readmission rates, where discharged patients were readmitted to the facility due to a complication or a failure to transition to a nursing facility or the family’s home. The current readmission rates involving Sparta Community Hospital include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Needed to Be Readmitted to the Hospital – 16.4 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Needed to Be Readmitted to the Hospital – 22.7 percent
Sparta Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have concluded that your loved one was injured or died unexpectedly by medical malpractice while a patient at Sparta Community Hospital, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Our Sparta attorneys have represented clients with victim cases involving medical malpractice. With our years of success, our attorneys can assist your family in successfully resolving your financial recompense case against all those who caused your loved one harm.
All our legal team to handle all the necessary paperwork and file the required documentation in the appropriate Randolph County Courthouse located at:
#1 Taylor Street
Chester, Illinois 62233-0329
Circuit Court Clerk Sherry Johnson
Contact our Illinois medical malpractice law firm now at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your free no-obligation, comprehensive case evaluation with our attorneys. Our law firm accepts every medical malpractice compensation claim, wrongful death lawsuit and personal injury case through contingency fee agreements. This means our law firm only receives payment for our fees once we have successfully resolved your case in a court of law or negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.