Slipping and falling can cause severe injuries and, potentially, death. If you fail due to the negligence of another individual or entity, you are likely entitled to receive financial compensation for your losses. Financial liability extends to stores, employers, and businesses that are duty-bound to keep their premises clean and reasonably safe for individuals who are working on or visiting the site lawfully. The law offices of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC recommend that if you suffered an injury from a fall, you should first seek medical attention at the emergency room before consulting with the reputable slip and fall attorney.
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), three out of every ten adults will suffer a severe injury from a falling incident that results in bone fractures or brain injury. Older adults tend to suffer more serious injuries and wounds when slipping and falling, compared to younger individuals. The injury often leads to limited mobility issues during the healing process that might result in a temporary or permanent disability. In some instances, the fall is so intense that it causes a hip fracture or other broken bone that eventually leads to the victim’s death due to an infection.
Our law firm’s experienced team of attorneys assist our clients who have suffered mild to severe injuries from falling accidents. Our in-house investigators can gather evidence, speak to eyewitnesses, review medical records and visit the scene of the accident that led to your injuries. Our attorneys will assess liability, build a case, file a claim, and negotiate with the defendant, the claims adjuster or their insurance company to ensure you receive the highest level of monetary recovery available.
What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
From a legal standpoint, slip and fall accidents involve premises liability as defined by Illinois civil tort laws. These types of accidents can happen on private and public property including:
- Residential homes
- Shopping malls
- Retail shops
- Apartment complexes
- Gas stations
- Retail warehouses
- Hotels and motels
- Government properties
- Construction sites
Also, every homeowner has the legal duty to protect any guest visiting their property lawfully. If someone is injured by falling on a broken stairway or drown in the backyard pool, the property owner can be held legally liable for minor to catastrophic injury.
How You are Compensated
When the negligence of another individual leads to your slip and fall injury, you are legally entitled to seek financial recovery for your losses and damages. Our attorneys can file a claim on your behalf to ensure you receive monetary compensation for your hospitalization, medical expenses, the cost of rehabilitation and therapy, lost wages, the loss of future earning capacity, pain, suffering, mental anguish, emotional trauma and other damages.
To resolve your case, our legal team must prove that a hazardous condition existed on the premises that should have been corrected, fixed, repaired or barricaded to ensure the safety of others. By law, a failure to warn any guest, employee, customer, or invitee of a dangerous hazard on the premises can be used in court to determine what parties are liable for financially compensating the victim. We build our premises liability compensation cases on various factors that include:
- An unreasonably hazardous condition existed on the owner’s property.
- The dangerous condition caused the invitee severe to minor injuries.
- The property owner, business owner, workers and employees created the condition, knew about the condition or should have known but still failed to warn others, fix the problem or barricade the hazard.
- The condition existed for a sufficient amount of time that it should have been reasonably identified, discovered or repaired.
- The property owner, business owner, employees or workers failed to take the appropriate measures to prevent the harm of others.
Typically, most trespassers who are on the premises unlawfully are not entitled to receive compensation for their injuries. However, there is a notable exception to the law in that the owners might be liable to compensate children who are injured while on the premises unlawfully because an “attractive nuisance” drew their attention to step onto the property without permission.
About Chicago’s South Shore Neighborhood
The densely populated African-American South Shore community on Chicago’s south side is located along the shores of Lake Michigan with easy access to Lake Shore Dr., Jackson Park, the Museum of Science and History, and the University of Chicago. Today’s population statistics reveal that more than 51,400 residents live in the South Shore neighborhood.
The community is home to the historic Jackson Park Highlands District that was first established by well-known architects in 1905, sixteen years before it was designated as a city landmark in 1989. Some of the most affluent neighborhoods including Jackson Park Highlands make up the community including Hyde Park, Bridgeport, Mount Greenwood, Beverly, Kenwood and a portion of Morgan Park.
Educational opportunities in the community include K-12 schools operated by the Chicago Public Schools system. Also, the South Shore campus of the Urban Prep Academy is located in the neighborhood as is the Mohamad University of Islam that provides primary and secondary education. Notable former residents include Michelle Obama, Jesse Jackson Jr., Kanye West, actor Robert Conrad, basketball star Craig Robinson, and reporter Dean Richards.
South Shore Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 43 Alderman Michele Smith
2523 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 2 Alderman Brian Hopkins
1400 N. Ashland
Chicago, IL 60622
Ward 27 Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr.
4 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn
Chicago, IL 60614
South Shore Chamber
1750 East 71st Street, Suite 208
Chicago, IL 60649
South Chicago Chamber of Commerce
9212 S. Commercial Ave.
Chicago, IL 60617
Why Hire Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC?
The premises liability attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC suggest that the best evidence to support your case for compensation is found in your medical records involving the emergent care you received immediately after you were harmed. Only a trained medical professional with years of diagnostic testing experience can accurately diagnose your injuries caused by the slip and fall incident. We recommend that you follow your doctor’s instructions and take your prescribed medications. Your efforts will provide valuable evidence to prove how you were seriously injured and are still in the healing process.
Next, you should discuss your case in detail without attorneys who can identify the nuances of your accident or event that caused your injuries. Our lawyers will then provide you numerous legal options on how to proceed. We will begin the process of building your case by using our in-house investigators to reconstruct the accident scene, speak to eyewitnesses, gather evidence, review medical documents and collaborate with medical professionals who can substantiate your story of how the accident led to your injuries.
Finally, we will begin the negotiation process with the insurance carrier, the claims adjuster or attorneys working on behalf of the defense to secure an out of court settlement. If the insurance company fails to offer fair and just compensation, our attorneys will file a lawsuit on your behalf to begin the process of building a trial case.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a no-obligation, free consultation by calling (888) 424-5757 or filling in the online intake form now. We accept all slip and fall cases, personal injury compensation claims, and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency agreements. This arrangement allows us to begin the process of working on your case without any upfront payment. We are paid for our services only after we have secured your financial recovery. We offer a no fee promise, meaning if we are unable to win your case or negotiated your settlement, you owe us nothing.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys