South Shore Hospital Malpractice Attorneys
South Shore Hospital is a 146-bed hospital provides cares and services to residents throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. The facility is located in Cook County, Illinois at:
8012 South Crandon Avenue
Chicago IL 60617
The nonprofit hospital opened its doors in 1912. Since then, it is provided diverse services to the local community including:
- Nursing care
- Acute renal dialysis
- Nuclear medicine
- HIV/AIDS Care
- Geriatric psychiatric care
- Pulmonary care
- Speech pathology
- Clinical services
- Hospital services
- Physical therapy
- Wound care
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, South Shore Hospital reported the following medical errors that may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11) with two reported infections for 895 central-line days.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of MRSA (January 1, 2016, through December 31, 2016) – four patients suffered Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections out of 19,556 patient days, which has a standardized infection ratio rate of 3.47%.”
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI (January 1, 2016, through December 31, 2016) – 11 patient suffered Clostridium difficile infections out of 19,556 patient days, which is a standardized infection ratio of 1.3%.
According to the Illinois Hospital Report Card, between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016, 18.7% of all patients with pneumonia were readmitted to the facility within 30 days. This number was slightly higher than the national average (16.9%) and the Illinois State average (17.37%). Additionally, approximately one out of every four patients suffering from heart failure was readmitted to the hospital within 30 days after departure. This statistic is slightly higher than the national average (21.6%) and the Illinois State average (21.78%).
Also, 16.3% of patients who suffered a heart attack but were discharged from the facility were readmitted to the hospital within 30 days. This average was about the same as the national average (16.3%) and the Illinois State average (16.4%). Another patient safety concerns at the facility include:
- Risk-adjusted Postoperative lung embolism or deep vein thrombosis (DVT clotting) (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 295 patients.
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 4,465 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 58 patients.
The 30-day mortality rate for patients at South Shore Hospital suffering from pneumonia is 15.3%, heart failure is 10.9%, and heart attacks 12.8%. These mortality statistics closely compared to the national and state averages.
Chicago, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or your child suffered harm while a patient at South Shore Hospital, your injuries might be the result of medical negligence that could have been prevented The Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC (888) 424-5757 have experience in protecting our clients from the financial burden of suffering injury caused by professional staff making mistakes in all medical environments. We seek all available monetary recovery to ensure you receive adequate funds to pay your medical bills, time off from work, loss of future earnings, pain, suffering, and mental anguish.
Contact our attorneys today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the merits of your claim. Our lawyers accept all personal injury claims, wrongful death lawsuits, and medical malpractice cases through a contingency fee arrangement. These agreements postpone payment of all legal services until after we have successfully resolved your case. This arrangement means if we cannot successfully negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf or win your case at trial, you owe us nothing. All consultations are confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.