Chicago is the third most densely populated area in the United States. According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2014, nearly 300,000 crashes throughout Illinois involving motorcyclists claimed the lives of 116 and injured more than 2400 bikers. Many of these injuries and fatalities were the result of the state’s lack of helmet laws that can improve the chance of surviving a motorcycle crash. The motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can handle every aspect of your personal injury or wrongful death claim for compensation.
By Hiring an Attorney is Important
Insurance companies hire claims adjusters to work directly with the plaintiff after the claimant files a compensation claim seeking monetary recovery for their damages. These adjusters are trained to use proven tactics and measures to convince victims to accept claim settlements in an amount significantly lower than what the case is worth. They use this strategy to save the insurance company’s profits at the expense of the victim’s ability to become financially whole again.
Our attorneys have years of experience in successfully resolving motorcycle accident cases involving extensive property damage, severe injuries, and death. Our team of legal experts performs various duties on our client’s behalf that include:
- Gather information and data;
- Analyze the claim;
- File an underinsured or uninsured motorist claim if necessary;
- Obtain rental car reimbursements while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced;
- Build the lawsuit to present evidence to the defendant’s lawyers or the jury;
- Start the disclosure process involving discovery, interrogatories, and depositions;
- Negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement;
- Take the case to trial if the insurance carrier is unwilling to provide a legitimate financial offer.
Steps to Take Following a Motorcycle Accident
It is essential to take specific measures after motorcycle accident even if the single-vehicle crash involved just you and your bike. The steps include:
- Determine the Extent of Your Injuries – Immediately following the accident, determine if anyone in the accident is injured. Whether your injuries are obvious or not, call EMT services to transport you to the local emergency room for an extensive physical examination. Only a trained doctor can determine if you are suffering a life-threatening concussion, extensive internal organ damage, or have broken bones.
- Help Others Who Are Injured – if others in the accident are unconscious or seriously injured, call 911 for help. Avoid moving the injured person unless they are in dangerous peril. Provide first-aid only if you have been trained to do so to avoid doing additional harm.
- Preserve the Accident Scene – If you can safely do so, leave your motorcycle in the spot where it landed unless it poses an immediate risk to other sharing the roadway. Take photographs of the scene using a camera or your smartphone.
- Contact Law Enforcement – Even if the crash is minor, Illinois laws mandate that you must contact law enforcement officers to file a report, especially if there are injuries or fatalities at the scene. The report you file now will serve as important evidence when filing an insurance claim to prove the extent of damage and injuries that occurred.
- Identify the Other Drivers – Even though the police officer will likely obtain valuable information at the scene including every party’s name, address, driver’s license, vehicle registration, share ID information amongst yourselves.
- Do Not Make a Statement – Avoid making any comment or statement concerning what happened and who is at fault for the crash. Even a simple apology might appear as a statement of admission that could haunt your case in the months ahead when you seek financial compensation from the insurance company that provides coverage for the other driver. Also, never give a recorded statement to the insurance carrier or claims adjuster. Instead, contact your personal injury attorney who is handling your case and allow the law office to speak with the insurer directly.
In the days following the accident, photograph your injuries to use as medical evidence to support your compensation case. Take pictures of your bruises, cuts, lacerations, casts and any other device you need to heal from your injuries. Also, keep detailed records including the time you missed from work due to the accident caused by another. In addition to documenting your lost wages, keep a list of other monies you did not receive. This list might include bonuses or job promotions you did not receive because you were injured and out of work.
If the person at fault for the accident did not have insurance, you could file a claim against your personal policy under an “uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage” feature. Filing a claim against your policy will not increase your premiums.
About Chicago’s South Loop Neighborhood
The South Loop Neighborhood begins at the southern edge of Printers Grove at the Old Dearborn train station that was recently converted to office space and retail shops. The community encompasses most of the area between the Chicago River and Lake Michigan just south of the Congress Parkway. For decades, the area was mostly rail yards that have since been redeveloped in the high rises, condominiums, townhouses and other residential buildings.
Most of the landmass is owned by the private Columbia College of Chicago, Phillips Academy High School, South Loop School, and Jones College Prep High School that was once home to the Pacific Garden Mission, Chicago’s largest homeless shelter before it was relocated in 2007 to Canal St.
South Loop Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 8 Alderman Michelle A. Harris
8539 S. Cottage Grove Ave.
Chicago, IL 60619
Ward 28 Alderman Jason Ervin
2602 W. 16th St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Ward 33 Alderman Deborah Mell
3001 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60618
Greater South Loop Association
1245 S. Michigan Avenue #265
Chicago, IL 60605
South Loop Chamber of Commerce
3538 S. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60609
BNI Chicago Loop
2552 W. Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
American Chamber of Commerce Resources
5 S Wabash, Suite 1405A
Chicago IL, 60603
Chicago Loop Alliance
27 East Monroe Street, Suite 900 A
Chicago, Illinois 60603
U.S.-China Chamber of Commerce
55 W. Monroe Street, Suite 630
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Why Choose Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC
If you suffered a severe injury in a motorcycle accident that was the fault others, they could be held legally liable for your financial recovery. Their liability can include paying you for your medical expenses and the cost of hospitalization, surgeries, treatment, rehabilitation and ongoing care. Also, our attorneys will file a claim on your behalf to ensure you are compensated for your non-tangible damages including suffering, pain, distress, anxiety, and emotional trauma.
To learn more about protecting your rights following a motorcycle accident or to discuss your case with one of our reputable lawyers, contact us today by filling in the online intake form now or calling us at (888) 424-5757. We handle motorcycle accident cases, personal injury compensation claims, and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency agreements. This arrangement allows us to begin the process of working on your case without any upfront payment.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys