Skokie Hospital Northshore University HealthSystem is a 195-bed hospital located in Cook County, Illinois at:
9600 Gross Point Road
Skokie IL 60076
Services and care provided by the hospital include:
- Acute myocardial infarction (heart attack) care
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Heart failure
- Surgical infection prevention
- Orthopedic care
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Emergency services
- Women's health
- Anticoagulation clinic
- Rehabilitation services
The state of Illinois provides specific state designations to hospitals that meet specific standards and protocols of providing care. Skokie Hospital Northshore University HealthSystem has the following designations:
- Trauma Center II – The hospital's Emergency Medical Service works in coordination with the Illinois trauma system. As a Level II Center, the facility “must provide all essential services in-house 24 hours a day and must have a helicopter landing capacity.” The facility is one of 60 trauma centers in the state that meets the specific criteria under the law.
- Magnet Recognition – The American Nurses Association, under their American Nurses Credentialing Center, has recognized the facility for their “excellence and nursing practicing quality patient care.” The hospital has been recognized for its “strong nursing leadership” and effective communication and decision-making processes.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics – Skokie Hospital Northshore University HealthSystem has been recognized by the IDPH (Illinois Department of Public Health) for providing essential resources to seriously injured and ill children. The facility provides professionals that have been specially trained in handling pediatric critical care and emergency care and follow-up treatment protocols for abused children. Young patients also have immediate access to crucial pediatric medications, supplies, and equipment.
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, Skokie Hospital Northshore University HealthSystem reported the following medical errors which may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11) with 1 reported infections for 1293 central-line days
- Risk-adjusted Postoperative lung embolism or deep vein thrombosis (DVT clotting) (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 37 out of 2,480 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 5 out of 7,064 patients
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 4 out of 2,490 patients
Skokie, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or your child suffered harm while a patient at Skokie Hospital Northshore University HealthSystem, your injuries or serious illness may be the result of medical negligence by the doctors or nursing staff. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has experience in protecting our client's rights when injured by mistakes made by medical professionals. Contact our attorneys today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Our legal team accepts all personal injury cases, medical malpractice claims, and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones all payment of legal services until after your cases been successfully resolved through your monetary recovery. We offer a “No-Win/No Fee Guarantee” meaning if we are unsuccessful at winning your case and negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement you owe us nothing.