Schneider National Truck Accident Attorneys
Schneider National Carriers, Inc. is a leading provider of cargo shipments and logistics services. The company offers an extensive portfolio of trucking solutions including van truckloads, regional deliveries, dedicated services, bulk transport, intermodal services, logistics and supply chain management. In business for over 78 years, Schneider maintains its headquarters in Green Bay, Wisconsin. With annual revenues of over $3 billion, company services extend all throughout North America and to many global destinations.
With close proximity to Chicago, Scheider National regularly uses Illinois roads and highways. As leaders in Illinois trucking accident cases, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to providing the most aggressive representation for people injured in crashes with semi-trucks. If you, or a family member, were injured in a collision with a Schneider truck, contact our office today for a free review of your case with an experienced attorney.
Fleet Size, Drivers & Accidents Involving Schneider
Schneider National Carriers employs over 16,000 drivers operating more than 9,200 large commercial trucks across Canada and the United States. Truckers for the company in northern America travel millions of miles every year. Much of the travel is on freeways, highways, toll roads, main thoroughfares and side roads in the rural countryside and major cities including the Chicago Metropolitan area.
Statistics from early 2014 by FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) state that routine inspections by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) have necessitated the removal of 1190 vehicles from Schneider’s fleet of 9,262 trucks in the previous 24 months. Also, 122 of the 16,047 drivers have been let go during the same time.
These numbers represent 12.8 percent of the total number of Schneider’s vehicles removed from service, as compared to 20.72 percent of the national average. The statistics also indicate that 0.8 percent of the total number of drivers (122 out of 16,047) removed is much lower than the national average of 5.51 percent.
Serious Commercial Truck Accidents
Like all large commercial trucking companies, Schneider has been involved in catastrophic accidents. In the 24 months before February 2014, many company drivers were involved in a Schneider truck accident. Of the 875 total collisions on record, there were 258 injured victims, along with 22 fatalities.
Unfortunately, because of the sheer weight and size of large commercial trucks, including those operated by Schneider, any accident with a passenger vehicle can have a devastating outcome. Commercial vehicles including 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and cargo vans weigh tens of thousands of pounds. Through reckless action including dangerous driving, road hazards or poorly maintained vehicles, even a simple collision can cause a life-threatening injury or instant death.
Collisions Involving Schneider National Trucks
Schneider National Carriers is known for operating their vehicles in a very safe manner, and keep their fleet of trucks well maintained. Even so, many of their drivers work on extremely demanding schedules, with tight constraints for delivering cargo all across the nation. These demands for getting the freight transported on time often cause the trucker to make poor driving decisions. Other times, maintenance crews, mechanics, dispatchers, and management are negligent in their actions, which causes the accident. The most common causes of a Schneider truck accident involved:
- Driving While Fatigued – Truckers who drive the legal “hours of service” every day can become overly tired or fatigued, which often leads to an increased potential of a devastating accident caused by dangerous driving decisions.
- Driving While Distracted – A trucker can become easily distracted by texting, talking on a smartphone, checking locations on a GPS device, speaking to passengers, or becoming listless behind the wheel.
- Improperly Trained Drivers – Without proper training, drivers are often inexperienced at making instant decisions or reacting to an unexpected event on the roadway.
- Mechanical Failures – Often, commercial vehicles have mechanical failures from defective tires, axles, braking systems, brake pads and other components on the truck. Without routine maintenance, the vehicle can break down or blow a tire, leading to an accident with other motorists. Mechanical failures are one of the leading causes of accidents on the road.
- Improperly Loaded Cargo – When cargo is not loaded correctly, truck movement can cause the entire load to shift while being transported, or cause the commercial truck to become difficult to maneuver or stop.
Legal Representation For Individuals & Families Involved In A Crash With A Schneider Truck
Victims of serious large commercial truck accidents suffering injuries or death are often denied monetary compensation. As a result, the victim will hire personal injury attorneys specializing in truck collisions. These semi-truck collision lawyers handle claims on behalf of their client and provide years of litigation and negotiation experience to obtain financial recompense.
Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757 for a free, confidential consultation to discuss the details of the accident involving a commercial vehicle. Our skilled attorneys assist clients in securing equitable restitution for the injuries, damages, pain and suffering the victim has endured.