Schaumburg Illinois provides a dog-friendly environment to its residents, visitors and guests who enjoy many of the outdoor and indoor amenities in the village. Many restaurants, hotels and apartment complexes accommodate guests, tenants and residents with dogs, cats and other domesticated pets.
Individuals and households are advised to have their dog micro-chipped, where a tiny microchip is implanted in the pet in a permanent location. This tiny chip provides valuable data, including the dog’s identification and its owner’s contact information.
By ordinance, all pets must wear a durable collar affixed with a county rabies tag along with an additional tag imprinted with the pet’s name and phone number and address of its owner. The village encourages dog owners to neuter or spay their pet to minimize the potential of roaming. When the pet is taken away from the owner’s premises, the dog must be firmly secured to a leash while walking them.
Cook County Code of Ordinances
To ensure the safety of everyone on public and private property, animal control within the village of Schaumburg is regulated by Cook County dog ordinances, specifically Chapter 10. Some of these dog control ordinances include:
- Rabies Vaccinations – All dog owners and keepers must ensure that their pets four months or older are vaccinated against rabies with an approved vaccine administered by a licensed veterinarian. (Section 10-41)
- Animal Care – All dog owners must provide their pet proper shelter, sufficient water and wholesome food along with appropriate protection against the weather. Pet owners must ensure that their animals do not run at large, bite or attack individuals or other animals, chase vehicles or cause a nuisance by barking, crying or whining. (Section 10-8)
- Dangerous and Vicious Dogs – All owners of a dangerous or vicious dog must ensure that the pet is confined in a secured enclosure or inside a building. These dogs must be caged or muzzled whenever away from the owner’s premises. (Section 10-12)
Dogs are considered dangerous or vicious if they have injured, bitten, chased or killed an individual or other domestic animal without provocation or displays behavior deemed an imminent danger of others.
Suffering Dog Bite Injuries
Dog bites account for nearly one percent of all visits to a hospital emergency room. Sadly, more than six out of every 10 dog bite attacks involve children 10 years and younger who suffer with serious injuries including puncture wounds to the face. Dog attacks and bites often inflict severe lacerations, cuts, abrasions, fractured bones and crushing wounds.
Owner neglect of their pet results in many of the cases of dog bites and attacks on innocent adults, children and other domesticated animals. If you, or a loved one, are the victim of a dog attack or dog bite, you have the legal right to pursue financial compensation from the pet’s owner. However, litigating a dog bite case is often complex and requires the skills of a reputable personal injury attorney who handles these types of attacks.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757 can assist you in filing a claim or lawsuit to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to, including:
- Recompense for the cost of all your past and future medical expenses including hospitalization, rehabilitation, physical therapy and mental health treatments.
- Financial recovery of lost income from time away from work and the loss of earning capacity of future income.
- The costs involved in handling emotional distress, mental anxiety and fear.
- Payment for your past and future suffering, pain and hurt.
- Recovery of all other expenses associated with the dog attack or dog bite.
The qualified team of dog bite attack case attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are ready to seek justice on your behalf. We are prepared to help you obtain justice and protect your rights by holding negligent pet owners accountable for your damages.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Aurora Dog Bites
- Buffalo Grove Dog Bites
- Elgin Dog Bites
- Evanston Dog Bites
- Joliet Dog Bites
- Naperville Dog Bites
- Peoria Dog Bites
- Rockford Dog Bites
- Springfield Dog Bites
- Waukegan Dog Bites