Lawyers For Negligence Cases Involving Save Health Care
Sava provides various health services to seniors, disabled and infirmed individuals including rehabilitation care, intravenous therapy, respiratory therapy and others. As a large nursing facility chain in America with over 500 locations, Sava employs a workforce of more than 20,000 medical professionals, administrators and others. The company provides long-term and short-term care along with other services including dementia and bariatric care.
Senior citizens, disabled individuals and patients recouping after surgery suffer various health conditions that require extensive care at a medical facility. Sava offers medical services to assist individuals in monitoring acute and chronic conditions to better manage individualized healthcare.
Through proper standards of care, medical teams at Sava can better manage health issues of the elderly, disabled and mobility challenged. These include depression, dehydration, susceptibility to infection, pain issues, medication usage, urinary incontinence, weight loss and memory issues including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Restorative and Rehabilitation Programs Offered by Sava Health Care
Sava Health Services offer specialized restorative and rehabilitation programs that meet the needs of mobility challenged individuals to improve their health status overall. In many situations, these individuals are prone to serious conditions including the development of bedsores, muscle weakening and balancing issues. Impaired mobility often affects many daily activities including toileting, bathing, dressing, eating, cleaning, exercising and movement. Many of the mobility challenged patients at Sava have a high risk of heart disease, colon cancer, diabetes and stroke.
The restorative and rehabilitative programs at Sava are comprehensive and factor in many issues associated with impaired mobility including:
- Muscle weakness
- Age-related medical issues
- Sedating medications
- Medical conditions involving depression, osteoporosis, cancers, degenerative joint diseases, strokes and other neurological disease
The teams of medical experts at Sava recognize that successful rehabilitation and restorative programs require following strict protocols involved in a prescribed plan of care.
Placing a Loved One in a Facility
When it is time to place an infirm, disabled or elderly loved one in a nursing facility, it is essential to choose the right one. This is because many nursing homes in the U.S., including Illinois have serious management issues where the facility is understaffed or employed with an insufficiently trained workforce. The CMS (US Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) rates the efficiency, productivity and quality services provided at each nursing facility in the U.S.
Sava operates five healthcare centers in Illinois in cities that include Burbank, Hamilton, Mount Vernon, Odin and Westchester. The ranking for each center through the Medicare nursing home compare website shows data results. These results include health inspections performed by certified inspectors, staffing information based on hours worked per medical professional and quality measures on how well the staff meets the medical, hygiene, emotional and physical needs of every patient. The current results for the five healthcare centers include:
- Brentwood Sub-Acute Healthcare Center (Burbank) – The CMS rates the Brentwood Center with an overall rating of three out of five stars (more stars are better). This breaks down to two out of five stars for health inspections, five out of five stars for staffing and three out of five stars for quality measures.
- Montebello Healthcare Center (Hamilton) – CMS rates the Montebello center overall with four out of five stars. This breaks down to three out of five stars for health inspections and staffing and five out of five stars for quality measures.
- Nature Trail Health Care Center (Mount Vernon) – Overall ratings by the CMS for the Mount Vernon facility indicate three out of five stars. This includes two out of five stars for staffing, three out of five stars for health inspections and four out of five stars for quality measures.
- Odin Health Care Center (Odin) – The CMS rates the center in Odin with four out of five stars overall. This breaks down to five out of five stars for quality measures, and three out of five stars for both staffing and health inspections.
- Westchester Health and Rehabilitation Center (Westchester) – This Westchester center received three out of five stars overall by the CMS. This includes one out of five stars for staffing, three out of five stars for health inspections and five out of five stars for quality measures.
Placing a loved one in the right nursing home is essential to ensure the quality of their health is maintained or improved.
Taking Legal Action Against a Sava Health Services Facility
Even the most decorated nursing homes commit errors when it comes to caring for patients at their facilities. Thankfully, many of these errors are inconsequential in nature and the patient may fully recover. Unfortunately, other episodes of errors made with respect to patient care result in serious injuries or even fatalities. In these situations, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers stands ready to fully prosecute the claim to ensure all parties are held fully responsible for their acts. Our attorneys have recovered tens of millions of dollars for individuals and families harmed due to poor nursing home care. We stand ready to do the same for you. Call us anytime to discuss your case without cost or obligation. 888-424-5757