If you have been injured by the negligent actions of another, you are likely dealing with much uncertainty about how to restore your health and get back to a more normal life. Dealing with a minor or major injury can disrupt your daily routines. If you are unable to return to work, your family is likely wondering how to pay household expenses and medical bills. The personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of experience in navigating the legal, insurance and medical problems associated with our clients’ cases.
Your injuries have likely left you with extensive pain and suffering the financial, physical and emotional burdens of recovery. Our knowledgeable team of legal experts can help you obtain monetary compensation from every party at fault for causing your harm. We handle all types of personal injury cases including catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, car accidents, brain and spinal cord injuries, premises liability, boating injuries, bad drugs, medical device recalls, construction site accidents, chemical exposure, workplace injuries, and others.
What a Personal Injury Attorney can Do
Our personal injury attorneys will listen to the details of your injuries and investigate the circumstances of the incident involved in causing your harm. We will file all the necessary paperwork with the court, review law enforcement and medical records and communicate with the claims adjuster or attorneys working for the other side. Our law firm takes immense pride in settling our clients’ cases as quickly as possible so long as the insurance carrier is willing to pay what the claim is worth.
With our assistance, you can focus on recovering from your health problems including completing your physical therapy and rehabilitation to restore your life to the condition you were before the accident caused you harm. Our experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys will fight as your aggressive advocates to protect your rights. We will file a claim or lawsuit against every party at fault for causing your injuries.
Nearly all personal injury lawsuits filed in Illinois are resolved through a negotiated out-of-court settlement before the case is brought to trial. That said, we will build your case to prepare a presentation of evidence in front of a judge and jury to use as a threat that we are ready for trial. Our efforts have proven effective in ensuring our clients receive maximum financial compensation for their damages.
By law, if another individual or entity caused you harm through negligence, recklessness or intention, you have the legal right to sue for compensatory damages. Settling the case or winning the lawsuit ensures that you are compensated for the cost of your medical expenses, hospitalization, treatments, surgeries, rehabilitation, and therapies.
Also, we obtain monetary recompense to cover your time away from work due to your injuries along with non-tangible damages that might include pain, suffering, emotional distress and mental anguish. We quantify your need for compensation and support your case by providing evidence including your medical bills, workplace documents, and the testimony of legal and forensic experts.
Should the case go to trial, our attorneys will fight for punitive damages on your behalf to punish every party who caused your harm. Punitive damages serve as a direct punishment for the disregard of the defendant’s legal duty of care that resulted in negligence. Only the judge can determine if the defendant’s reckless or negligent actions have reached the level of punishment through paying punitive damages, like a bad actor disregarding the good of public safety or someone guilty of criminal recklessness.
Statute of Limitations
Every individual or family filing a personal injury case or wrongful death lawsuit has a limited amount of time after the accident or incident occurred before the statute of limitations expires. In some cases, the insurance company will use dishonest tactics against victims to slow the process of filing a claim to keep the clock ticking until the statute expires and the potential plaintiff loses the right to sue. Because of that, it is crucial to speak with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to ensure all necessary documentation is filed in the appropriate courthouse.
Maximize Your Settlement Amount
There are certain steps that any plaintiff can take to benefit their case, support their claim for compensation and maximize their settlement. These steps can circumvent the insurance company’s response to deny the claim, delay the process, or minimize your payout. These steps include:
- Never Post on Social Media – Today’s insurance companies will search online to find and scrutinize your social media communications on Twitter, Facebook, and other sites. The claims adjuster might look for any proof that you have acted irresponsibly in the past that could be used to redirect blame from the defendant to you.
- Never Speak about Your Case – You must be careful how and where you discuss your case. The claims adjuster and the insurance company will likely depose witnesses and others who have pertinent information about who exactly caused your harm and use your words against you to damage the credibility of your financial recompense claim.
- Document Your Hardships and Injuries Accurately – Take photographs and keep meticulous records of your personal property damage and bodily injuries. The photographs can provide evidence of your healing process to offer valuable evidence during a jury trial.
- Never Skip a Doctor’s Appointment – The insurance company is looking to see if you are visiting your doctor with follow-up care to look for any evidence that your injuries are not as extensive as you claim. If the insurer can prove your injuries are minimal, you can easily lose all or most of your financial recompense that covers your health care issues.
- Never Talk to the Defendant’s Attorneys – The biggest tactic the insurance company will use is to have their attorneys discuss your claim for compensation in person with you or over the phone, without your legal representative. To maximize your financial compensation, never talk to the defendant’s attorneys and instead redirect their questions to your personal injury lawyer. This action can ensure that you receive the financial recompense you deserve.
About Chicago’s Roseland Neighborhood
Dutch immigrants settled the Roseland highland area in the 1840s, naming their new community “de Hooge Prairie” as a farming community. By the late 19th century, George Pullman established a city between Lake Calumet and Roseland and built a factory to manufacture his world-renowned railway coaches. During this time, contractors built modern brick homes with the latest features including gas, plumbing, and electricity.
The city planners of Chicago annexed Roseland in 1892. At the turn of the century, the area became ethnically diverse as a huge segment of the Italian-American population from the Little Italy community relocated into the Roseland area. Today, the community is made up of three neighborhoods including Fernwood, Lilydale, and Princeton Park. Rosedale residents, visitors, and commuters have access to all of Chicagoland on the CTA Red Line at the 95th/Dan Ryan terminal.
Educational opportunities in the Roseland neighborhood include the Chicago State University-Main Campus, Roseland Christian School, Gwendolyn Brooks College Preparatory School, Julian High School, Corliss High School, Fenger High School and numerous K-8 schools operated by the Chicago Public Schools system.
Roseland Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 49 Alderman Joseph Moore
7356 N. Greenview Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626
Ward 44 Alderman Thomas M. Tunney
3223 North Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
Ward 47 Alderman Ameya Pawar
4243 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Ward 50 Alderman Debra Silverstein
2949 W. Devon Ave.
Chicago, IL 60659
Greater Roseland Chamber of Commerce
1000 E. 111th St.
Chicago, IL 60628
Why Hire Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC?
The personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are recognized as Chicago’s leading aggressive, experienced litigators. We have successfully resolved thousands of cases for financial compensation through personal injury and wrongful death claims. Our skilled personal injury law firm offers a free initial no-obligation consultation to discuss the merits of our potential clients’ claims.
We accept all wrongful death lawsuits and personal injury claims for compensation through contingency fee arrangements. These agreements mean that you receive immediate legal representation without the need of any upfront fee. If you or a loved one have been injured, contact us today by calling (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online intake form now. All information you share with our legal team remains confidential.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys